What Did You "Wait" On Jehovah For?

by minimus 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Purza
    Purza

I begged for a husband. I could never understand why something I wanted so bad was denied me. Funny thing is -- maybe god really did answer my prayers, because as soon as I left the org. my prayers were answered. We are planning a May 05 wedding.

Purza

• minimus
    minimus

Purza, congrats!! I'm glad you didn't wait until it was tto late! There are some 60 year old sisters still out there hoping to bag a young cute brother that Jehovah will provide for them.

• Purza
    Purza

Thanks min. Glad I didn't wait till I was 60 -- would have been waiting a very long time.

Purza

• minimus
    minimus

and can't get any of your own kids either, Sara.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Min-

The number one thing was - love -

I just could not see the love of Christ being displayed in the congregation. I just kept waiting to see it. but it never showed up. All I ever saw was judging and really hatefullness. I was in 30 years thinking that we had the truth of the Bible - but it was the lack of love that took us out finally. And then didd they ever show what kind of 'love' they were made of - it was spelled 'meanness and hate' -

Now I have no idea where to look for that.

Just my opinion

Jeff

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I waited for the "god" thing to convince me that it existed... nada.

• Nicolas
    Nicolas

I was waiting for an answer as to why a loving god would need to use the cruel rule they use in the WatchTower when someone is disfellowshipped. The answer wasn't exactly the one I thought it would be, at the beginning but it turns out that I'm happier with this answer then when I was a "perfect little Jehovah's Witness".

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41
    The answer wasn't exactly the one I thought it would be, at the beginning but it turns out that I'm happier with this answer then when I was a "perfect little Jehovah's Witness".

Nicolas! Isn't it great not having to be perfect anymore? And isn't it great to not have to worry about angering the GREAT and MIGHTY OZ.............I mean Jehoover?

• kaykay_mp
    kaykay_mp

to give me a husband so I could get the hell out of the house.

found out by myself that I didn't need a husband for that. all I had to do was wait until I turned 18!

laters

kaykay_mp

• Fleur
    Fleur

An answer to all the suffering in the world.

No answer has come yet.

I never expected God to fix my own problems, despite the elders told me to "pray more" and "be a better wife" when my (now ex) husband mistreated me.

I found that "god" helps those who help themselves.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit