from our readers...

by zev 22 Replies latest jw friends

• zev
    zev

Do you think that part of the awake is another made up version, like the question from readers? or do you think "real" people send in those "oh, this helped me to be so blah blah blah" experiences for real?

in the manner of richard dawson.....

survey says:

__
    Zev
    The greatest consistancy of the WTBTS is their INconsistancy.

• somebody
    somebody

Hi zev,

My opinion is that the From Our Readers is 99.99% bull-shit.

I'd bet my life you won't ever see anything like this printed in the F O R section:

Pedophiles Thank you so much for article "Sexual Exploitation of Children - A Worldwide Problem" (4/8/97 AWAKE) After reading the article, I asked myself, "Does my church tolerate or cover up child abuse?..Is my religion holding firmly to moral principles?" The article reinforced my decision to leave the Jehovah's Witnesses, and I'm now confident that it was the wisest choice I could have made to protect my children. I now know how dangerous trusting religions and man-made religious organisations, such as the Watchtower Bible and Tract society is. Thank you again for the food at the proper time!

G.M.W., United States

peace,
    somebody
    ~~~~"Think of the heartbreak of parents who have discovered, too late, that their children have been abused by trusted clergymen, teachers, or even close family members. It would be good for you as a parent to ask yourself, 'Does my church tolerate or cover up child abuse? Is my religion holding firmly to high moral principles?' Answers to such questions could help you to make wise choices in protecting your children."~~~~ AWAKE! 4/8/97

PS .... And who wouldn't just love this one? 3/22/98 AWAKE!, From Our Readers!

"Awake! You must forgive me for forgetting to renew the subscription for the good magazine Awake! It is an informative, educational, and factual magazine with inspiring and awakening topics. I want all the back issues I've missed. I cannot miss even one. Thank you for patiently helping to fight ignorance."

N. S., Sri Lanka

somebody.....of the hurling class

• zev
    zev

rotflmbwao

you are too funny

__
    Zev

• somebody
    somebody

zev,

rotflmbwao

bwao? Are you attempting to describe your ass here?

peace,
    somebody

• zev
    zev

you've seen it....why should i describe it?

__
    Zev

• somebody
    somebody
    you've seen it....why should i describe it?

So THAT'S what that was!

peace,
    somebody

• zev
    zev

Dang.

__
    Zev

• zev
    zev

i wonder if anyone is even bothering to read this thread?

__
    Zev

• think41self
    think41self

I'm reading it, and thoroughly enjoying the witty repartee between you two.

Gwen, I loved your take on the Awake mags.

Tracy

• Number 6
    Number 6

2.45 in the morning here in the UK and I'm reading it.

I am not a dub I am a free man.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit