And I thought the JWs were the only ones who didn't get Christmas...

by Country Girl 7 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

Father Of 'Naughty' Kids Sells Their Gifts On eBay

POSTED: 8:31 am EST December 24, 2004
    UPDATED: 8:41 am EST December 24, 2004

HOUSTON -- A father of three children in the Houston area has gone from playing Santa Claus to playing the Grinch.

The man decided that his children were being naughty instead of nice -- and he's taught them a lesson by auctioning their presents on eBay.

The man, who asked the Houston Chronicle not to reveal his name, decided to sell off the presents because the youngsters had misbehaved. His children are 9, 11 and 15.

His posting on the eBay Web site says, "Bad children get no Nintendo DS. Santa will skip our house this year."

The man is offering to sell three of the wireless video game systems as well as several games.

The bidding was up to $465 as the auction wound down last night.
    Copyright 2004 by The Associated Press. All rights reserved. __________________

• shotgun
    shotgun

I bet that guy was Greek

• blondie
    blondie

Shotgun, you're a bad boy!

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

lol... found it...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=62054&item=8156925428&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

At the same time I can't help but wonder if this is a hoax... why didn't they guy just return the presents to where he bought them?

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

Else, he will make money by selling them on ebay. These Nintendo DS things are like $150 new, but because they are sold out everywhere you can make a 50% profit on ebay pretty easily.

• jgnat
    jgnat

I am a big believer in creative parenting, and I am betting the e-bay sale had a dramatic effect on the children.

• eyeslice
    eyeslice

At least he didn't put his kids up for sale on ebay and keep the presents for himself.

Eyeslice

• Eyebrow2
    Eyebrow2

I have to tell you, there have been a few times this past month that I was ready to bring back my kids toys and just put a little box with coal under the tree.

Hey, its better than beating your kids if they really needed to be taught a lesson. And I agree, it probably makes the kids think twice.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit