Are your pets eating blood?

by gumby 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• gumby
    gumby

A few days ago there was a thread in which we were discussing the blood issue and Jehovah's Witnesses. Someone brought up pets and blood. I was curious at that point if there was blood in our dogs food and were my wife to find out, I wondered how she would respond.

I did a little re-search on pet food and it's ingredience and here is a little what I found.

.........The protein used in pet food comes from a variety of sources. When cattle, swine, chickens, lambs, or other animals are slaughtered, the choice cuts such as lean muscle tissue are trimmed away from the carcass for human consumption. However, about 50% of every food-producing animal does not get used in human foods. Whatever remains of the carcass -- bones, blood, intestines, lungs, ligaments, and almost all the other parts not generally consumed by humans -- is used in pet food, animal feed, and other products. These "other parts" are known as "by-products," "meat-and-bone-meal," or similar names on pet food labels.

So...I wonder how many dubs are disfellowshipped in Jehovah's eyes for disregarding Gods most sacred law on eating blood.

Gumby

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

geez its a law about humans eating blood not animals.

how many cats you see kill a bird hang it up and let the blood drain out?

although............. a jw getting a pig valve in their heart might object to said pig having eaten pig food made of by products..hmmmm technicalities getya every time lol

• Brummie
    Brummie

Well I've eaten my pets so the problem is over!

I think it was Joan Cetner whose letter appeared in the "Questions from dumbos" Awake, the WT gave a definate yes, it was wrong for pets to get blood transfusions! I look back at this stuff now and larf

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I remember when I got in trouble for using Blood-Bait when fishing.

• Hecklerboy
    Hecklerboy
    I remember when I got in trouble for using Blood-Bait when fishing.

Man, I used to use that stuff all the time, and to think I was disobeying Jehovah the Borg all along. This just goes to show how fanatical they are getting. I mean what's next. Don't talk to you family if they don't believe the same as you.

• melmac
    melmac

Can you be DF'ed for drinking Bloody Mary?

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

Are my cats eating blood? Yeah. Every time they catch a bird, or mouse, or rate, or vole, or ..... snake blood, eewww!

It's late. Past my bedtime.

-B

• gumby
    gumby

K now....back to blood in animal food. Do some checking on about any pet food you like and see if there isn't enough blood in it that would'nt violate what is deemed approved by Jehovah's loving organisation(tm)

Granted, the organisation allows for a measure of blood to remain in meat consumed by humans as long as the animal is properly drained. In the usage of pet foods this isn't the case. Dubs in reality deem the misuse of blood as in eating it, or using it in any way, whether it be by animals 'in our control, ...other than being poured out on the ground, as a serious sin in the eyes of their god Jehovah.

Me thinks they outta DF every dub with a pet now and dwindle the numbers to make em a mini cult.

Gumby

Gumby

• Satanus
    Satanus

Prof Gumb

So, no more fancy feast on the hor'douvres?

S

• MungoBaobab
    MungoBaobab

True Christians would do well to ask themselves what God's viewpoint might be of their domestic animals engaging in sexual relations (coitus) without the benefit of the marriage arrangement. Might this stumble others in the Christian Congregation?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit