Cable TV or JWD?

by Brummie 35 Replies latest jw friends

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

Cable? We don't have no stinkin' cable!

I wish we could get just the cannels we want, but even the basic has gotten outrageously expensive.

So, I'm stuck making ...(brummie dots)..., and youse guyse are stuck with me!

Hugs and all that rott

Bren

• Englishman
    Englishman

Most Brits have satellite dishes installed as opposed to cable.

I have the complete package, sports, movies everything, and it costs me 40 quid a month. I can also pay per view for movies under 1 year old, each costs around £2.50 which is about the same as at Blockbusters.

Englishman.

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

I really can't imagine my life without Fox News and Bill O'Reilly !

• Granny Linda
    Granny Linda

Getting rid of television, period, is always a good idea imho.

We axed our cable this past summer because we simply got tired of paying for commercials, reruns, stupid sitcoms, waste-of-time reality shows, biased and out an' out lies on the news channels...geezzzz so many postive things commin' at ya from tv land.

Now, as heaten mentioned, it's getting out of hand all the ads and bullcrap coming through the internet...no matter what kind/how much protection you buy for the computer. So....I'll be off line this time next month.

OMgawd...no television...no Internet. Hummm, maybe I'll invest in one of those items ya'll were discussing in another thread.

granny

• Simon
    Simon

I could live without the TV but if it was a choice betweem Cable (broadband) internet and JWD ... well, goodbye forum

• FairMind
    FairMind

If satellite counts as cable then I'd keep cable. If it doesn't count as cable I'll pick JWD and have both satellite and JWD (best of both worlds).

FM

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit