What is everyone doing for Christmas?

by Evesapple 9 Replies latest jw friends

• Evesapple
    Evesapple

We are going out to Glenview, IL to spend w/my husband's family Christmas eve. However, my son is sick with another virus, so unfortunately we may have to miss this year . It's supposed to be -4 deg so staying in may not be so bad.

How about everyone else? what will you be doing for the holidays including New Years!

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Staying home. Got alot of snow dumped on us last night. Was pretty hard getting the husband out so he could go to work. Car got stuck a few times. WE usually go to the hubby's mom's in Dayton Ohio (about a hour and 45 minutes away) but with all the snow we're gonna stay here and go to Christmas Eve services tomorrow night at church (it's gonna be nice - i've never gone to Christmas services before).

Mrs Jones

• unbeliever
    unbeliever

X-mas Eve I am having a small gathering at my house for dinner. On X-mas day I am getting together with my dad and siblings at my brothers. I am really looking forward to it. For NYE I am going to a party.

• Evesapple
    Evesapple

I saw all that snow Indiana got....we got a dusting, but it's still quite frigid.....a nice quiet Christmas eve sounds nice....I've never been to a church service either....hmmm...and my husband is Jewish, so probably will never really have the opportunity.....enjoy!

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Thanks Evesapple!

Was just talking to my oldest son about getting the tree and presents. Hubby's not going to work tomorrow so I'll problaly send him out to do some shopping and get the tree. Also planning on making some chicken gumbo for either christmas day or christmas eve.

Mrs Jones

• Evesapple
    Evesapple

my mother-in-law makes great matzo ball soup for Christmas eve.....it's a very Jewish Christmas

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

We're packing up ourselves and our diabetic cat and driving to Gramma's House, about an hour away in McMinnville, Oregon.

Kev's parents live in the country on a 75 acre farm. We'll stay 2 nights. Looking forward to it.

He starts yowling about 2 blocks from home, and settles down and stops yowling about half way there. Max does ok once he gets there. He has even peed and pooped on me to show his displeasure of having to endure a road trip! I gots lots of towels this time.

I wish you all a warm Merry Christmas and a Joyous New Year!

Hugs

Brenda

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

My husband and I and our kids are going to my Dads(new wife also) house for Christmas Eve and Christmas Morning. Then driving all the way back home the next day to be with my in-laws and have Christmas Dinner with them. We all left the JW cult and this will be my first Christmas ever. I am excited but feel odd about it. I will make the best out of it and I think it will be fun seeing my kids enjoy the Holiday and gifts.

Brooke WI

p.s. I want to wish you all a Very Merry Christmas! !!!!!!!!!!!!

• Special K
    Special K

Well, for Christmas I'm

(hmm, hmm.. clearing voice)..and singing...

I'm making a list, checking it twice, gonna find out whose naughty or nice?

I'm spending Christmas at home with my kids,husband. I've been baking the last couple days.

I make things that were favourites of people who have passed away in my life.

1. Nana's Sweet Rolls..( I loved my nana) ..heart gave out

2. Papa Curry's gumdrop cake ( I loved papa currie).. Damn Cancer! 2000

3. Now I have to find out what my neighbour Doug loved.. he died Nov 30. Damn Cancer! 2004

I find it reminicent an enjoyable to make things that remind me of people I've lost in my life..

.. gotta go..and bake some more.

Special K

• Evesapple
    Evesapple
    I think it will be fun seeing my kids enjoy the Holiday and gifts.

Brooke, I think that is absolutely the best part is seeing the excitement on their faces....you'll be starting some long and lasting great memories for them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit