Discipline

by GodRules 5 Replies latest jw friends

• GodRules
    GodRules

Just as a loving father or mother disciplines their child for wrongdoing, God also disciplines us when we get out of hand.

He has that right, GodRules!

Do you accept God's discipline?

• larc
    larc

How do I know when God is discliplining me? He doesn't talk to me. If good or bad things happen to me that could come from a number of causes such as: luck, the immediate effect of me making a mistake, or the effect of me doing something out of stupidity or ignorance. Now, with all these other cuasal variables out there, I don't think it is possible to know when God is, or is not disciplining me.

• thinker
    thinker

Brother Larc,
    It's all very simple. When my wife went inactive good things started to happen in her life. Her mother (who didn't know my wife was inactive and "worldly") said, "Jehovah is blessing you". Had she known the true story, it would have been "Satan is tempting you with worldly pleasures". So, it's really all about your point of view! Or maybe Jehovah blessed my wife FOR leaving the Org. !!!

• larc
    larc

Thinker,

Good to see you back! Haven't heard hide nor hare from you for awhile. Hope you're back in the writing mood again.

• logical
    logical

I accept DEATH as my punishment for being pure evil.

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

WHile I gratefully accept God's discipline, that of the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society (of any state) is not God's ARM OF DISCIPLINE. The Society's unbiblical DF and shunning policy is sad.

YERUSALYIM
    "Vanity! It's my favorite sin!"
    [Al Pacino as Satan, in "DEVIL'S ADVOCATE"]

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit