Blood Substitute Vexes Jehovah's Witnesses

by blondie 18 Replies latest watchtower medical

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

I really don't understand what all the hoopala is all about. JWs are used to substitutes. They've been ingesting substitute truth for decades.

• Fleur
    Fleur

Blondie, I looked all over for that article yesterday, my mother was up a TREE over it. She is of the old guard, the "pour it on the ground, take no fractions" camp. She said that she is sure there are "Apostates" infiltrating the organization and telling people that it's okay to take this stuff. She said she is saving the article for me.

She tells me this as if anything about the organization could possibly shock me anymore...how little she knows me. Nothing they do shocks me anymore.

• blondie
    blondie

As the old guard dies off and younger JWs accept the fact the WTS says blood fractions are a conscience matter, I'm sure the WTS will act as if this was the case all along.

How many oldtimers remember when the WTS changed their stance on organ transplants in 1980 after 13 years of it being a DFing offense? I know oldtimers that say it always was a conscience matter choosing to forget the JWs we knew who died because they refused a kidney transplant. There are some old-time JWs I know today who still haven't caught up to "new truth" and call transplants an act of cannibalism still. Of course, some JWs still don't know that vaccinations are "allowed" and that the 1914 generation is no more.

Blondie

• Axelspeed
    Axelspeed
    As the old guard dies off and younger JWs accept the fact the WTS says blood fractions are a conscience matter, I'm sure the WTS will act as if this was the case all along.

I agree Blondie. If they can get past this hurdle, everything else is pretty much downhill and can be gotten past by the usual bs..especially with the new jw who have not yet gone thru the complete cycle of hope to disillusion...and WT world will go on.

Axelspeed

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

I'm really hoping that this issue will be one of the big straws on my wife's camels back! she's old old school on this issue and I can't wait till she see's this $hit!

• Fleur
    Fleur
    How many oldtimers remember when the WTS changed their stance on organ transplants in 1980 after 13 years of it being a DFing offense?

I remember! I was just a kid, but old enough to understand what I was hearing at the meetings. It made no sense to me. I always asked my parents "But doesn't blood go through the organs? Doesn't that make taking them unclean?"

They responded by telling me that they would never take an organ transplant, because they didn't believe it was acceptable to Jehovah.

I heard the article in the paper was a lot longer than the online version, if I can get my hands on it I will try to summarize it. But it may be a few days.

hugs

essie

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

Hey I just talked to HLC they are actuallytrying to muscle these and other substitutes harder than the dr. are. THese are for tramatic blood loss with out pnuemonia. That is what the fda has approved it for (people with hematological diseases seem to always get the short end of the stick). They say some DR.s will you it in "caompassionate" cases.

So what I am trying to say is this. The medical community is actually stricter than the watchtower which is encouraging these substitutes. Go figure. Seems both has a health helping of laywers counseling them too.

• Poztate
    Poztate
    But, the denomination's headquarters in New York has left open the question of whether the blood substitute will be allowed.

With a life or death in the balance leaving open this question is the highest form of religious hypocracy.They want to duck and run for cover rather than face the issue.

A letter sent to the GB asking for clarification could be simple and to the point. Are the blood "substitutes" polyeheme and or hemopure acceptable or is a matter for your"bible based concience"?

HLC's at a local level may have given approval but I want to hear it from the horse's ASS mouth.

In my own case I could not in good concience sign any DPA for my wife unless SHE researched this area and started to ask quesions of the local elders,HLC and perhaps wrote the GB to clarify things. HAH!!

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

Poz the GB already responded in the june 2004 watchtower. They siad it is up to your wife and it is wrong for her to ask the elders, hlc, or the service desk to clearify the issue. Meaning that basically they don't give a S*. If she actually ask too many questions, or infringes on another persons conscience about the blood policy I fear she could be labeled an apostate. They really do not want JWs to talk about it anymore period. They want you to arrange what ever you want with your DR and shut up about it.

I was just part of a case and the HLC said he didn't want to get involved and to keep JWs out of it. I assume they have retreated to helping little old laides signing DPAs for their hip replacements, and collecting consultant checks (yes some how they are now being paid to be HLC). Makes you long for the good old days when HLC actually acted like "Jehovah's people".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit