Do Jehovah Witnesses give out mis-information deliberately?

by smiddy 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

OnTheWayOut: "There are times when their changes back and forth don't seem to make sense: Will the men of Sodom be resurrected?"

I think I may know the reason why. The scripture is clear that they will be resurrected (but not in the JW sense) so the literal reading of it is their default.

However, what happens to your John Doe publisher if they actually believe the Sodomites are to be resurrected (To their paradise). He will simply wake up one Saturday morning and reason to himself "Why should I go out in field service when the Sodomites are to be resurrected? If they are to be resurrected then Armageddon should not have any deaths and/or those who die in it should be worthy of a resurrection. After all aren't the Sodomites as bad as they come? If so then anyone could be resurrected.

Then John Doe publisher goes back to sleep because his work has no meaningful urgency.

The Watchtower may be aware of such thinking, probably through letters written to them, and has to change their position again to the "no resurrection for Sodomites" position. But when they do that they come up full circle with the plain and uninterpretable statement of Jesus in Matthew 11:24: "But I tell you that it will be more bearable for Sodom on the day of judgment than for you." - NIV

So they go full circle over and over.

Please tell me that makes no sense! 

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

smiddy - "Do Jehovah Witnesses give out mis-information deliberately?"

The average rank-and-filer?

Not usually.

The higher-ups?

Par for the course.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Maybe I should asked "Do The Governing Body / Writing Department Give out Mis-Information Deliberately"

smiddy

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Remember what George Costanza said "if you believe it, it's not lying."

I think they believe what they say, that makes them poor, sad, deluded bastards.

• Vidqun
    Vidqun
    Consequences of lying: What comes around, goes around. So it will be with all their lies. These will go all the way round and come back and bite them on the bum.
  • Vidqun
    Vidqun
    To explain above statement: The CO and his henchman (local elder) came to see me (an apostate) after three years. They said there was a place in the org. for me. Would I not be interested in coming back? I said no, actually I would be ashamed to be part of an org. that protects pedophiles and not the children. His eventual answer: "We are only human..." The discussion drifted to their participation in the UN and OSCE. I said that I believe in Christian neutrality. He (the CO) brought up the issue of the library card, trying to explain to me that if I moved to a new town and I wanted to join the library, what should I do? I said that would be simple, I would join the library, not the political party that was in charge, and my Christian neutrality would remain in tact. He then admitted that the GB also make mistakes, so I read to him Matt. 24:45-50, emphasizing the actions of the wicked slave. Then he pulled a rabbit out of the hat about the wicked slave being the Catholic Church. I was quick to point out that the latest interpretation points to 1919 as the beginning of the slave, and that the evil slave was of no consequence. Needless to say, the two beat a hasty retreat. Noteworthy was the fact that they did not use their silver swords (grey Bibles) once. I (as the apostate) was the only one to refer to the Bible. It's a case of defending the indefensible with lies.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit