My grandson's letter to Santa.............hilarious, a must read

by Mulan 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Mulan
    Mulan

Our eldest grandson wrote this letter to Santa this week. It's the best I've seen yet:

Dear Santa,
    I want my own pet Godzilla.

1. He needs to be ten stories hy
    2. I want him to be alive
    3. Can he also breathe fire?
    4. I also want him to swim
    5. And I want him to obey me

Your friend, C*****

Merry Christmas, and HO HO HO

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

lmao!

Hell, what more could a boy want!!!

• formerout
    formerout

Mulan,

Too cute!!

Brad

• Kaethra
    Kaethra

too cute!

I wish I had childhood Christmas memories...makes the season so much more magical.

I always get a kick out of my boyfriend's story. (Well, his mother is the one who always tells it. har!) I don't know how popular this tradition is elsewhere, but in his family, all the kids would write their letters to Santa and then give them to Mom who would send them off to Santa via the wood stove chimney. She would of course, first discreetly commit the wishes to memory. One year she asked my bf if he had his list for Santa. 'Yup!' he said, 'all done!' And before she could get the list out of his hand, he ran over to the wood stove, popped open the lid, and in went his letter. She had to spend the next two weeks prodding him for information as to what he had written Santa. *hee*

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    all the kids would write their letters to Santa and then give them to Mom who would send them off to Santa via the wood stove chimney

Thats a great tradition... it has a magical quality about it...like a fairy tail.

• Kaethra
    Kaethra
    Thats a great tradition... it has a magical quality about it...like a fairy tail.

Isn't it though? If we ever have kids I want to be sure we have a fireplace or wood stove so we can do the same thing. :)

• Nancy Drake
    Nancy Drake

kids are awesome. so is Christmas! Cute as heck, Mulan!

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

I'm glad he didn't ask for both Godzilla and King Kong. Then you surely would have a problem.

• Undecided
    Undecided

My grandaughter Emily is scared of Santa. When she sees a picture of him she runs away and screems. Don't know why.

Ken P.

• jgnat
    jgnat

How old is Emily? I was a sunday school teacher to toddlers for years. At that age, the concept of fantasy is not well-developed. I found out by hard experience that these youngsters can be terrified of mascots, clowns, any dressed up people. This is because the children are not REALLY SURE if they are real or not.

Give them a year or two, with their fantasy language built up (a stack of legos becomes a tower, a stick becomes a gun) and such creatures are no longer scary.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit