CHRISTMAS DAY FIELD SERVICE

by vitty 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Panda
    Panda

I did it ONE TIME...that was all I needed. I think I was supposed to go another time but a sister and I just ended up sitting around and talking.

• Room 215
    Room 215

The irony for me was that, before becoming a dub, we begged for snow on Xmas, but it never did. Once I became a JW we had several in a row... and there we were, trudging along, bringing our tiresome twaddle to the revelers, for a scant hour or so, at least.

• JustTickledPink
    JustTickledPink

I remember one time the people had christmas cookies and handed us the platter and offered us cookies. My mom said no thanks and we left and she told me we couldn't even eat christmas cookies.

I was sooo dissapointed, I wanted to be having fun, I wanted to eat cookies... augh!

• jws
    jws

We did it when we were young and when Christmas was on a weekend. We pretty much only did field-service on weekends.

One year, we went to the zoo on Christmas. We had the entire zoo to ourselves. There were maybe only 7 other groups there. The trainers in the primate house even let the orangutangs out and we had pictures taken next to them! After that, for the next several years, we convinced our parents to take us to the zoo or someplace else because there were no crowds.

As we moved into our teens and became less enthusiastic about the zoo, I remember the opinions of field service on holidays were changing too - at least in our area. People were realizing it annoyed people and I think I even heard from the platform that they were discouraging it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit