Help me find Hell picture, please.

by sleepy 11 Replies latest jw friends

• sleepy
    sleepy

Hi , I'm looking for a picture that was in the societies books in the 70's or early eighties of a hell scene. Wasn't a witness picture , I believe it was from some eastern religion. It featured people being tourtured in various ways in hell. Any ideas?

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Mankind's Search for God (1990), page 155 has a Buddhist depiction of hell. But I don't know if that's the one you're looking for.

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

I remember an old brochure that had a bad drawing of people in a pit of fire - one of the people was black and the other was a guy in a suit, and there was a woman in there too. It was wierd. But I think the buddhist picture in the Mankind book is what you are looking for.

CZAR

• gumby
    gumby

I don't remeber the book (perhaps the "good news for all mankind" book). It had a picture from DANTE'S inferno.......which the society attributes much of the time to christendoms influence.

Gumby

• CaptainSchmideo
    CaptainSchmideo

I know the picture! I don't have the book with me, but it was called "Is This Life All There Is?" It had a Japanese version of hell, with people on skewers, being made to walk tightropes over burning flames, etc. Very vivid!

I remember the title, because my Mom thought of Peggy Lee's old standard, "Is That All There Is?" when she heard the book being announced, and it tickled her just a little (my Mom always had a weird sense of humor, anyway).

• Peppermint
    Peppermint

Not from an eastern background but the paintings of Bosch are worth looking at.

• jwsons
    jwsons

"Is This Life All There is ?" page 90 with Budhist Hell and page 91 is Date Hell

"Mankind Search for God" page 155 has a colorful Hell of Budhist This one better

jwsons

• sleepy
    sleepy

I think captinSchimideo jwsons are thinking of the same one as me. Now I need to find an image, all my books are gone.There must be one on the internet sonewhere.

• blondie
  • melmac
    melmac

The book "Good news to make you happy" was the very first I read. It had a depiction of hell, I'm not sure, but I think it was from the buddhists. Not a pretty picture.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit