Pagan Hoildays

by pc 7 Replies latest jw friends

• pc
    pc

Just told my JW dad( who only talks about witness stuff ) we will be finishing decorating our Christmas tree tonight. He then started with the old so & so said blah blah blah about Christmas being pagan. I cut him right off and said"I know what they say but for us it's about family". We love getting together with my husbands family and now my exjw brother and his family come. The kids love it so I don't care what anyone says. Then I said listen dad everyone can't pick and chose what they want to see as pagan. How about wedding rings thier pagan but you still wear yours and mom's after she died. He just stopped and changed the subject. The funny thing is my other brother who is an Elder came last year to Christmas Eve. We worked it all around him. No gift exchanges till they left and stayed out of the living room so he didn't have to see the tree. I decided this year not to invite him because it really put a damper on everyone else. Funny thing is I spoke to him the other day and he sounded so depressed. I think he was waiting for an invitation but I said nothing. I kinda felt sorry for him.

• Valis
    Valis

pc...well you can always invite..it leave the ball in their court..

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• pc
    pc

I know your right.

I just am so tired of working everything around him and his holier(is that spelled right?)than wife.

• Valis
    Valis

well, I didn't say work around now did I? eh, my kids will be in town all next week and I intend, here in a few minutes to call my parents and invite them over, but there will be no working around what I find a very happy and pleasant experience for everyone around. Best of luck and you're a better person for at least caring a little.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• NewLight2
    NewLight2

JW's are so inconsistant in their actions regarding Christmas. They go shopping in stores during December don't they? It doesn't matter what store it is, they ALL have Christmas decorations on display. This does not seem to deter them form going into these stores, does it??

So why would YOUR Christmas decorations be any different to them?? After all Christmas is a time to 'celebrate' the FAMILY. A lot of JW's schedule a 'Family Day' for December or early January. So what would be so different at your house??

I would invite them ALL to a 'Family Day' Dinner, gifts and all!
    If they choose not to come, that is THEiR loss.

I have just found 2 books written by Ace Collins and published by Zondervan that explain the origins and stories behind the Christmas songs and traditions.

"Stories Behind the Best-Loved Songs of Christmas" c/r 2001
    "Stories Behind the Great Traditions of Christmas" c/r 2003

For Jw's and Ex's alike they would make for some very interesting reading.

NewLight2

• Maverick
    Maverick

Enjoy yourself and don't let that old guilt laden crap damped your fun. The WTS tries to pick and choose what God hates. What about the names of the Months, days of the week and hundreds of other things that have origins beyond their comfort zone? The turth is the WTS pick events that will do the most damage toward creating a riff with those who might influence a person out of the WTS mind control. That is the bottom line. All the rest is BS!

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

You say that like being a pagan is a bad thing! Crystal Ball

Sherry

• redhotchilipepper
    redhotchilipepper

Bring on the Pagan Holidays!!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit