Comments You Will Not Hear at the 12-19-04 WT Study (Abbreviated)

by blondie 28 Replies latest watchtower bible

• blondie
    blondie

Update their lingo, Pole, why their's is the "pure language"...have to know the password, sibboleth or shibboleth...

Many JWs say they can tell someone is no longer a "real" JW by their vocabulary. If they change it, how will they know who the "apostates" are, eh?

That's why there is this site:

http://www.ashelf.com/ashelf/wordlists/e/eec/www/

Christendom
    1. The realm of countries in the world where {apostate} Christianity is the official or predominant religion. 2. The people who are members of Christendom's churches. <<Christendom dismisses God's personal name as unimportant.>>
  • Pole
    Pole

You're right, Blondie. I knew you were just playing with their labels (every totalitariansm has its own set of them).

Ok, let them have their "pure speech". But just as organized religion is no longer "a snare and a racket", maybe it's time Jehovah shed some new light on the term "Christendom" as well? Wouldn't it make a great WT study?

I'm not sure why I'm being so fussy about it, so please ignore me. :))

PS

Great link!

• justhuman
    justhuman

Nice one Blondie, next time I will use some of your comments to answer at the WT study!!!

• heathen
    heathen

That was great again blondie , with the old WT article on how Uzzah was burned by the ark for breaking the law and somehow it applies to the situation with the obvious idiotic belief structure of the WTBTS and the rank and file and of course the publishing corporation is the ark of the covenant and anybody challenging the beliefs is an idiot like Uzzah . How come it's never a samuel and david confrontation ? They apparently want the R&F to consider themselves prophets but only if they agree with the WTBTS . Say , anybody want to buy some miracle wheat?

• OICU8it2
    OICU8it2

Good one Blondie, your best yet.

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

Yawn.........I feel as if I sat through that stinker!! Wait; did I? I can't even remember.

This poorly selected illustration is used to introduce the reader to Amos who had a similar experience. Why is it that the WTS cannot find an example of preaching with boldness in the NT?

Well, really, that NT is so wishy washy. In the good old OT, when people were bad, they got killed by someone (except for King David, of course) ( and Manasseh). NO beating about the bush, no leaving it to Jehovah to rebuke someone.

When you rebelled in the OT against the "prophets", you were gonna get it. And the boys in brooklyn somehow like the simplicity and great usefulness of that. How else to keep the "brotherhood in line"?

UGH. Kudos to blondie, who has to wade through the mind control each week.

HH to all.

• RobertPalmer
    RobertPalmer

This was so cool I just had to share it, could not seem to start a topic. Was just out at church and came home picked up my bible and read some thing. It really jumped out at me so I thought I would share it ... it never made sense to me before it was always very confusing. If it confuses you wait for the explination because i feel it may let you see what I saw in it. In Philippians 2:5 it says: Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus, who being in the form of God, did not consider it robbery to be equal with God, but made himself of no reputation, taking on the form and likeness of a bond servant, and comming in the likeness of men.

The bit where it says he did not consider it robbery to be equal with God, jumped out at me. When some one steals something, they take it, they take it away from the owner and they take it to them self. Here it says Jesus did not consider it robbery to be equal with God. He did not consider that he was stealing by saying he was equal to God. If we were to say we were equal to God we would be stealing, we would be taking something that belonged to God, and taking it to our selves. If we did that then it could rightly be said of us we were stealing from God. It is saying here of Jesus he did not consider he was stealing by saying he was equal to God, because he was. But he made himself a servant, comming in the likeness of men. So that is how we should think, God has given us his spirit, and great blessing, but we should be willing to serve, to take on a servants attitude.

Why is it then that it says "therefore God has highly exalted him and given him a name above every other name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth, and that every toungue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the Glory of God the Father".

It is not because he humbled him self to the point of death that he received the name, which I had always thought. He already had it. The word "Therefore" refers to what comes before not just the single verese before but all of it. Jesus did not consider he was stealing by saying he was God. That is why he has the name at which every knee should bow. The way I read it is, Jesus said he was God, he did not think he was stealing by doing this, he became a man, was obedient until death, to save us. An now he has a new name, which is highly exalted (he did not have it before, because Jesus was not previously a known name for God). That is why all tongues will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, because the name Jesus is a name of God. To further suport this I once did a study on the word for Lord used in Jesus Christ is Lord. Lord is the greek work Kyros. It is Kyrios, the NWT translates the word Kyrios to Jehovah everywhere but not here. But Jesus is Kyrios, Jesus is Jehovah, but it is his new name to which every knee should bow. The new, and highly exalted name of Jesus. You are not stealing from God by calling Jesus Kyros, Paul did not think so.

• blondie
    blondie

Mr. Palmer, we invite direct comments on the WT material reviewed above. I notice that you posted this exact post elsewhere...that could be called spamming. We are mostly ex-JWs or those re-examining JW beliefs here so you would get a better response if you would open a new topic for comments such as the above.

Thanks

Blondie

• RobertPalmer
    RobertPalmer

Sorry about that ... the post didn't show up immediately ... so I thought it haddent been posted .... so i just wanted to put it some where.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit