JW reaction to the UN coverup

by redskymedic 40 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• stopthepain
    stopthepain

Why would anything at the U.N. "tip" them off.I thought they had a direct line to jehovah through the "faithful and discreet slave".So you admit they are not in touch with god anymore than you or me.just wondering?

• melmac
    melmac

And what exactly could they find in the UN library that was so important to the troof that it could not be found elsewhere?
    After all, if it was something of minor importance, they could have chosen any major library, couldn't they?

• lentilstew
    lentilstew

Why would anything at the U.N. "tip" them off.I thought they had a direct line to jehovah through the "faithful and discreet slave".So you admit they are not in touch with god anymore than you or me.just wondering? Well there have been quotes through the publications that they do NOT claim to be speaking directly from God. So I am not sure abou thtat argument. And what exactly could they find in the UN library that was so important to the troof that it could not be found elsewhere?
    After all, if it was something of minor importance, they could have chosen any major library, couldn't they? Well we just don't know do we? At the time (92,93) they had just obtained that status - and pre-Internet there was less of an ability to search and grab and/or request articles/pubs online. And since most of those guys are so old and stuck in their ways, perhaps they just kept going because it was force of habit and a way to get out of Bethel for the day (smile).

• stopthepain
    stopthepain

Then under what authority do they butt into peoples lives and try to brainwash them.Going door to door with thier crap literature I think could be considered butting in.Telling hard working ,humble people that they have to raise thier kids in this crap-----you know,you have been brainwashed well by the faithful and discreet manipulators{ooops-i mean slave}

I pray to a god i know does not exist for you.

ps-where are these quotes--hidden in vaguely thruogh the crap money making machine literature--or is it an asterisk at the bottom of the watchtower.

• willyloman
    willyloman

Pink: A brilliant analogy! When you become a JW, you're married to the organization.

I do believe that some of the members are more like the wife that sits home with full knowledge that her husband is cheating on her with some tramp waitress or whatever, but chooses to ignore it and chooses to smile when he comes home and pretend like everything is just perfect.

That's exactly the cult mindset of many dubs. It doesn't matter what the WTS does, they can do no wrong.

• undercover
    undercover
    Well there have been quotes through the publications that they do NOT claim to be speaking directly from God. So I am not sure abou thtat argument.

Yea? What about these quotes:

*** Revelation -- It's Grand Climax At Hand (book) 1988 pp.54 chap.10 Abhorring the "Deep Things of Satan" ***

22 Finally, Jesus declares: "Let the one who has an ear hear what the spirit says to the congregations." (Revelation 2:29) For the fourth time, Jesus here repeats this rousing refrain, and it will conclude all three messages yet to come. Do you have that responsive ear? Then keep listening intently as God, by his spirit, continues to provide counsel through his channel.

*** Watchtower 1983 February 15 p.12 You Can Live Forever in Paradise on Earth-But How? ***

A third requirement is that we be associated with God's channel, his organization. ? Jehovah is using only one organization today to accomplish his will. To receive everlasting life in the earthly Paradise we must identify that organization and serve God as part of it.

*** Watchtower 1981 December 1 p.27 The Path of the Righteous Does Keep Getting Brighter ***

Jehovah God has also provided his visible organization, his "faithful and discreet slave," made up of spirit-anointed ones ... Unless we are in touch with this channel of communication that God is using, we will not progress along the road to life, no matter how much Bible reading we do.

I could go on...

• stopthepain
    stopthepain

Undercover .you are the man,now thats what I call food for the proper time.

• undercover
    undercover
    Undercover .you are the man,now thats what I call food for the proper time.

Actually "quotes" is the man. Any ole dummy like me can cut and paste.

• avishai
    avishai

http://www.sassquatch.com/SYN/UN_NGO_Letter/

Here is how to get it from teh UN website stp by step. It shows them that it's NOT fake

• one
    one

The common reaction to the UN scandal has been indifference by young or denial by old timers. It is ia common human "attribute", just because it does not affect ME personally...

Jw and most people guide themselves by a few basic "principles" including "dont rock the boat" and "i dont care".

Such JW reaction is nothing new. That is exactly what many exjw here did when as jw first learned about prior jw failed predictions and major mistakes, they/we, STAYED. beleiving russel rutherfor and company were selected by jesus as part of the FDS, despite all the "bible students" and jw historial crap we were aware of. NOW they/we are shocked and cursing.

WT relay no only on jw short memory but mostly on the fact that whatever is discovered years after the fact it can always be blamed on a dead person AND/OR its minimal impact in humans brains. Unless you are a german-jew, you dont care much about Hitler and the gas chambers and

a good usa citizen (read jw) does not think much about mistakes such as going to vietnam and irak, some did fly to canada (read left the wt) and "dissasociated" from the usa (read WT) but the majority stayed and say/did nothing about it..

A decade is sufficient time for most people to greatly reduce the significance of any event or belief. A decade was about the time the WT had stopped talking negatively about the UN and showing horrifying burning UN pictures.. Few if any wt doctrinal books stay in use for a decade.

So wait on J for new light about the UN. Anything is possible for the WT, the "generation" was far more important or influencial and the WT did way with it in just one magazine article, what's new?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit