Letting myself get frustrated

by redskymedic 12 Replies latest jw friends

• avishai
    avishai
    While she doesn't shun me per se, she certainly isn't overly friendly and keeps most of our communication limited to grandkid info.

Sorry, I feel that allowing anyone around my child unsupervised if at ALL who refuses to talk to me or treat me with respect is HIGHLY irresponsible. Even her actions undermine your authority with your child, not to mention what she says about an unbeliever behind your back.

My child will NOT associate with family members who are taught that I will end up as bird food. Period. It's unhealthy for the child and pisses me off.

If a relative were to become sick who had treated me well i spite of differences of opinion, fine. I'll do anything to help out. But if they shun me and treat me coldly merely because we disagree over doctrine? They are no longer a relative and can go pound sand.

• avishai
    avishai

PS, you have every RIGHT to be frustrated. It's a reaction to a religion that subverts the MAIN biological drive, to protect your family. It subverts this by DF'ing people as young as 9, saying their worthless. Spiritual execution from Janitors. It's insulting, it's wrong, and you SHOULD be angry. And you should'nt put up w/ it, IMO. She should'nt get the perks of a grandkid if she is willing to treat the child's PARENT like shit. See? Why do we shut up and act like the witnesses have the right to dictate how people treat us? I personally will not enable that kind of childish behavior.

• outnfree
    outnfree

Well, I think I'm with Tickled and Avishai on this one. Giving respect begets respect. But ultimately, you have to go with what feels right to you -- not what is expected, not what society (or the Society) say you should do, but how you feel about helping your mother.

If you are not willing to bear the burden of taking care of her physcially and emotionally when the time comes, then may I suggest that you take out Long Term Care Insurance on her? It appears she has been hurting you emotionally for several years, so it is understandable that you are frustrated. Perhaps knowing that she will be taken care of (but by others), thanks to your foresight, might be enough.

outnfree

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit