Are You a "Better" Person Since You've Left The Witnesses???

by minimus 22 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Honestly, are you a better person now or were you a "better" person when you were a JW?

• Princess
    Princess

Better now.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

I'm the same. Good person while a devoted JW, and still a good person now that I have less biases.

I've seen people be total jerks while JWs, and total jerks now that they're no longer JWs.

DY

• logansrun
    logansrun

No, I'm not a "better" person, and I'm not a "worse" person either. I do what I perceive to be better things and I feel more content and fulfilled.

B

• franklin J
    franklin J

yes, I am.

I no longer have the "elder in training" attitude that I am superior due to Jehovahs choice and direction.

I try very hard to keep an open mind in everything. I have actually learned to think for myself and make my own decisions. And those decisions are not based on the Watchtower Societies "new light".

I respect everyones faith....and when I have any kind of religious discussion ( with anyone OTHER than the JWs) I approach it with an open mind ( this vs the "closed mind" I had going door to door in my other pioneer life)

My attention is no longer focused on only those who religiously beleive like me. From my initial departure from JWland; if was obvious to me that I was to become part of a much larger scheme of events; in other words, I found my place in the "world" and made myself fit in.

I realize that I never had and never will have ALL THE ANSWERS; and that my mortality is limited ( I am not going to live forever). Once that was put into perspective and accepted;my life took on a routine like every other human being; all of us on the same journey; all deserving of respect.

• Incense_and_Peppermints
    Incense_and_Peppermints
    Honestly, are you a better person now or were you a "better" person when you were a JW?

far far far far far better... (no explanation necessary)

• minimus
    minimus

Frank, after meeting you, I can say, I'm glad you are who you are!

• JH
    JH

JW's are not "better poeple or worse people". They are simply very different from the rest of the world.

• Preston
    Preston

Better? Well.....by the JW's standards I'm probably so far gone I have no chance of being considered a better person...especially when the Big 'A' arrives. In all honestly though i think I'm better if that involves having a more fulfilling life than trying to force a prophecy into fulfillment, and taking a more personal approach to my spirituality rather than letting a company do it for me.

• redhotchilipepper
    redhotchilipepper

I wouldn't say that I'm a better person. I'm the same person. I just feel better in every way!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit