So THIS is where everyone went!

by Spock 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Spock
    Spock

While we're on the subject of sci-fi...check out this out: a sci-fi I'm reading on Mars colonization. The residents live in ticky-tacky hovels and slowly losing their minds from sensory deprivation. Sarah, the femme fatale of the story is awoken by an unexpexted knock on the door: ""two faces looked in on her...The eyes behind their matching square-rimmed glasses widened as they focused on the gun she was holding a few inches from their foreheads."Um, is this the Niemand residence?" The man to the left swallowed nervously. the two of them didn't appear to be twins, but looked as if they were trying to be. "If it's not, we're sorry...." "Maybe this is a bad time. Maybe we could come back....some other time.".........
    ....Seized by a dreadful suspicion, she refocused on the two men at her door. "You're not Jehovah's Witnesses, are you?" That would be all she needed right now, to get handed an animated Watchtower, complete with stereophonic sound effects triggered by the warmth of her thumb and forefinger. Another of the groups that had been seen recently, evangelizing through the emigrant colonies-she looked to see if one of them was carrying a miniature holographic projector suitable for evoking biblical dioramas in the corridor's thin, acrid-smelling air."
    From Blade Runner..replicant Night, by K.W. Jeter

Hmm, maybe the future Guvbod, if the org still exists that long, will claim that the "New World" was finally there. Then they'd have to figure out how to convince the colonists that they were in a real "Martian Paradise".

• Spock
    Spock

Sounds like the trend I saw developing when I was still active has progressed even further, lack of socialization opportunities. It would also tend to verify reports I've heard on other Boards.

• m2u
    m2u

Hola Spock,
    Mi vida ha sido semejante a la tuya.
    Yo tambien fui servidor donde " La necesidad era mas grande".

Fui precursor especial a la edad de 15 y anciano a la edad de 16.
    Me expulsaron a la edad de 22 casi 23 por fornicacion y jamas volvi a la organizacion.
    Aunque toda mi familia todavia pertenece a la organizacion y casi no me hablan.

Mi padre fue sirviente de distrito hasta muy reciente. El distrito de el fue la de Nueva York y
    Bethel pertenecia a su distrito.
    Ya que le ha llegado le vejez, se lo despidieron sin palabra, y ahora a la edad de 72 y casado con mi madre, le ha tocado trabajar de laborador, mozo si quieres, por haber dedicado su vida a la sociedad, no habia adquirido habilidades profesionales u oficio que le serviria para proveer a mi madre y el.
    Tengo que decirle que esto me ha dado mucha colera y estoy muy en contra a la sociedad por la manera en lo cual ellos han tratado a mis padres despues de que ellos les dedicaron de hecho, sus vidas enteras.
    De todas maneras, te doy un saludo. Ojala que nos llegemos a conocer mas en el futuro.

Resistance is futile.

m2u

m2u

• waiting
    waiting

Dear m2u,

Huh? Eh? Duh.....

waiting, in my 3 language capabilities.

• Spock
    Spock

m2u:

Mucho gusto en concerle. La cuenta de su abuelos es por cierto muy triste. Pero no me sorprende. Sin duda, si uno de el Cuerpo Gobernante tuvo que salir de Betel, no tendria que preocuparse asi con la problema de vivir. La facilidad de Patterson proveera retiro de lujo.

Spock

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit