Who's afraid of the Watchtower? Not Me!

by mauddib 9 Replies latest jw friends

• mauddib
    mauddib

The Watchtower incites no fear within me.

Why should it?

How many of You are afraid of the Watchtower? You ought to feel ashamed of letting them take away fear they don't deserve.

Now's the time to discover a startling Truth those who dared to step into their pit of spiritual punishment have found. The "pit" of darkness they threaten to push you into is only 2-inches deep with a bottom painted black. I have walked right across it to the other side. I wasn't defying the laws of physics.

That's right. This "pit" is manmade and was never a real "place" of spiritual darkness where people who defy our elderly granddads are sent by the elders. Nobody is in that "pit" living out the remainder of their lives separated from God.

How many of You honestly have absolutely no fear of "Them"? You ought to feel proud of yourselves, and now's the time to brag about it.

Those in whom the Watchtower incites fear might as well fess up. Take the heat, get over it. Stop hiding behind that glass or plasma window connected to your machine. I can see right through it. And Don't piss me off by lying to me that "I'm not afraid of the big bad wolf dressed as a helpful sheep" if you really are afraid. Because I will then show you that behind the helpful sheep facade isn't a vicious wolf, but a frightened little old man wearing a wolf's costume to scare you into maintaining his retirement on the Farm.

<i>your friend whether you like it or not,
    mauddib</i>

• VeniceIT
    VeniceIT

HEY welcome to our huble cyber abode!!! pull up a chair and make yourself at home!!! Glad your not afraid of WTS neither am I!!!!

Ven

"I'm not a Troll I'm NOT!!!'

• sf
    sf

Salutations!!

False

Evidence

Appearing

Real

Nice refreshing post. I'll sleep well tonight now. Have you got yahoo messenger loaded up yet? If so, please join us in any "exjw" or "jw" room on the "user rooms" page under "religions and beliefs". New version now has webcams and there is voice chat as well.

I want to let others know too, that yahoo has a "FREEMASONS ROOM" now. There is a steady group, yet small right now, that frequent it. As all rooms, it self deletes if there is no activity in the room for a certain period of time. Many other rooms to surf too. I like the diversity and dynamics of it all. Hope we see you soon.

Sincerely, sKally/ "wturls" (wtURLs) on yahoo

• ladonna
    ladonna

Welcome Mauddib,

Nah....I am not scared of the WTBTS at all....I love to take them for a walk down little apostate lane.

Happy to hear you aren't scared of them either!!!!

Ana
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If every man is my brother, then what am I to him? A.Einstein.

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

I have no fear of them. Anger, pity, frustration, but no fear.

--
    Ubi dubium ibi libertas

• mauddib
    mauddib

That's right, you are the brave few who stepped forward by posting. The rest are probably cowering behind their screens in shame for not having the courage to admit their fear.

I suspect many of the rest of you are scared out of your wits at the mere mention of the word Watchtower.

Why have so many let the so-called "Faithful and Discreet Slave Class" become their boogeyman?

I loved my wife so dearly, and once played a prank on her to invoke her beautiful laughter. That prank revealed a side of her that I never knew existed. I peeked through the drapes with knees slightly bent and kind of prancing on my toes (that nervous jumpy posture sort of like when one has to take a pee because they're that nervous). I trembled a little. She walked in the livingroom and immediately said with alarm "what's the matter?" I said with a trembling voice, "you don't want to know, dear." "Tell me!" she insisted. "Alright, honey, all the elders are walking up the walkway to our front door. I have never seen so many elders (my voice trailing off to a whisper)."

She ran down the hallway and into the master bedroom. I went after her and nobody was there, but then I heard a rustling sound in the closet. Behind all the cloths I could see the whites of her eyes peering out. I said something like "oh honey I'm sorry, that was a JOKE! I didn't mean to scare you." I'll never forget her reply, as she whispered "sooner or later they're going to find out about last night." I answered "What? You mean the oral sex? There's no way!"

Then I saw and heard the real face of fear, when she replied "they can see and hear everything."

I shook her gently and said "listen, honey, stop living a life of fear. Fear is the opposite to love. Fear will eventually undermine even the foundations of this marriage if you let it."

Fear won. We separated then divorced a few years later.

Fear of the Watchtower will undermine your marriage if you let it. Face that fear, get back in the saddle, and then honestly examine the Watchtower's teachings unburdened by fear. Use logic, common sense and independent thinking to construct a white water river raft. Put on a life vest constructed of courage.

Then ride the fast and sometimes violent rapids of fear, get soaking wet, scream at the top of your lungs, "whoahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!" Don't feel ashamed if you have the urge to roll on the floor of that giant raft laughing uncontrollably! Don't fear falling out into the water and drowning. Courage is the most buoyant material and that is what your life vest is made of. Concentrate on keeping your head above water, and start dog-paddling to the shore. That loud roar in the distance is just Niagra Falls, no sweat, doesn't bother you a bit! ;-)

your friend,
    mauddib

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Well, I guess I had some fear of the Watchtower. Because they make it sound like they are god. The constant "Fear God, Fear Jehovah", can make a person have fear of the Society. I was always nervous whenever an Elder had councel he wanted to share with me. Even, if it was something nice he wanted to say. But now, all I have is anger, and dissapointment.

• Gopher
    Gopher

Mauddib, welcome to our board. I was listening to the tone of your first 2 posts. Are you aware that most of the people on the board have separated themselves from Jehovah's Witnesses?

You said you suspect many of us are scared out of our wits at the mere mention of the word "Watchtower". I beg to differ. If fear controlled us, we would still have stayed within the confines of the organization, being good little meeting attenders and trying to please the men who run the organization.

We have hundreds of members on this board. Not all will be able to read your post during a weekday afternoon and respond to your question. But the response you DID get was a fairly representative sample of the opinions of most members of the board. I didn't see any fear of the WT Society in any of their responses, which is to be expected because they are no longer governed by that Society.

However, it is true that fear can hold people "still on the inside" who know they can and should leave. Also, people who do leave the JW's often do suffer irrational fears early on about "Armageddon is coming", "Jehovah is seeing me", and other irrational guilt feelings from not belonging any more. However, with the proper support and unconditional love from non-JW's and even from this board, people can get past their feelings of fear and move on.

So your point about fear is not totally unwarranted. But I believe most members of this board have gone past that point. Do you see what I mean?

BTW, sorry to hear that your ex-wife could not join you in your journey to freedom. I'm going through something similar, and it's so sad and unneeded.

I hope you enjoy your visits to this board.

GopherAlways do right; this will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
    Mark Twain (1835-1910)

• dedalus
    dedalus

Hi Mauddib,

A Frank Herbert fan, I see.

While I find your writing just slightly obnoxious, I basically agree with your sentiments -- getting over one's fear of the Watchtower is an important first step toward liberation. Those just taking those first steps, however, needn't feel "ashamed" of themselves, and if they haven't responded to your flamboyant prose, I seriously doubt it's because they're "cowering in fear." Anyone on this discussion board has already overcome his or her Watchtower phobias, simply by virtue of viewing anti-Watchtower information on the internet.

Dedalus

• LDH
    LDH

Um, there's like, ummm, only three people on this board who are afraid of the Watchtower.

Perhaps you should have lurked for a while before sticking your cyber foot in your cyber mouth!

HA HA, welcome to our luverly little home.

Lisa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit