Maybe they divorce less, but are they happy together?

by JH 12 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

I met an ex-witness at the mall last week, and she told me that she recently divorced her husband. Both were witnesses for over 20 years. I was surprised to hear that they were divorced. Both quit the JW's about 8 years ago.

Probably, if they were still witnesses and going to their meetings, they would still be together, but this doesn't mean that they would be happy together.

I just wonder what percentage of marriages in the JW's are happy ones?

• Badger
    Badger

Give you an Idea...

when I was in, one friend of mine said my wife and I were the only really happy couple he knew of...

and she left a month later.

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

actually i dont think the divorce rate is all that smaller within the jw's.

more and more people are " commiting adultry" just to get rid of an unwanted spouse, stay df'd a short time and then get reinstated with their new honey and live happily ever after till they want to get rid of the current spouse... and the old spouse better have moved to another congregation or he/she will be df'd if they dont forgive the errant spouse once he/she is reinstated.

• PinTail
    PinTail

Oh how I wish I could have gave my first wife the BOOT when I first married her she was truly a SBFH" and the witness's would have sent me to blazes. She gave me two great daughters but now she has turned them from me. So nifty nifty look whos fifty, now all my future babies have dried up, and I can't have no more from a loving women.

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

why cant you have more babies? men have spermies till 6 months after they die of old age ... lol

i'm still fertile at 40 but no way am i haveing anymore babies! after 4, i finally figure out IT HURTS TO GIVE BIRTH! lmao

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

Personally, I'm not happy in my marriage and have been force fed to stay with him unless their reasons for divorce apply and are proved. Granted, I'm not leaving him (now anyways)...but I think it's wrong for anyone to be convinced that happiness doesn't matter as long as you stay married so you can please Jehovah. Never mind how disloyal one's mate is in emotional manners. UGH!

• Purza
    Purza

My parents have been married for 40 years. They are not happy. My mother always told me she should have left my father years ago.

In all the couples I have know throughout the years I was a JW, I can only point to two that I really thought were happy. One couple is still together as dubs and the other couple -- the husband died. But I would say (from my limited perspective) those two couples looked truly happy.

Purza

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I'd like to see some statistics on this. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if JWs have a divorce rate equal to or greater than the general population.

• Fleur
    Fleur

Happy JW marriages?

Happy JW marriages?

*ROFLMAO!* *cough, choke, tears in eyes from laughter*!

They don't exist. Because most people marry for one thing only. That is not a good way to decide who to marry, just because you want to get some action.

Marry too young or the wrong people because they have a spiritual pedigree and if you show me a "happy" JW couple I will show you someone who is lying; either he, or she, or both. Even if they both "exert themselves vigorously" to be spiritual, he's away in elders meetings and jc meetings, she's trying to get in her time and homeschool the kids, and ain't nobody happy.

My parents should've divorced before I was born. Yes, I know I wouldn't be here. But the truth is, they should have. But they didn't. And they've lived an in-house divorce for more than 20 years and it was, and is, still hell on all of us how they fight.

Amazing though...after one really terrible marriage, I found the key to a happy one with a so-called worldly man...the idea kids is you have to marry someone who likes you the way you already are, loves you that way in fact. Then you have a good place to start.

• gr8peace
    gr8peace

There were 6 married couples in the congregation that lived apart. Each couple had their own place and the women sat together at the hall and complained to each other about their husbands asking them to come over and do something for them. They felt the men should be living their own lives and leave them alone. But they were alway watching for women to be with their husbands so they could divorce them. These were all older couples with grown children. One man I know was in his late 60's and was really in need of help. His own children would not take him in or help him. They also went to the hall with their own families and none of them sat together.

Dyan

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit