JW accepts $500, picture in newspaper, "the season of good will"

by Jez 13 Replies latest social current

• Jez
    Jez

Along with some other companies, this JW that runs Lifeline, David Kelsey, had his picture in the newspaper. He was accepting $500 from a charity that provides money at this time of year, the heading was, "The season of goodwill"

You hypocritical pig. You would accept money during the disgusting heathen practice of xmas that you so abhor and righteously abtain from, obviously though there are certain conditions that apply to your faith. Standing there with a big smile, all the while thinking the ppl around you will die someday because they are soo baaaaaaaaaaaad. SCRIBE AND A PHARISEE is what you are! Jesus would have avoided your type!

IT GETS ME because they can be SOOOOOOOOO flippin' fanatical about their faith but its superficiality cracks through at the least applied pressure because they involve themselves when it is to their benefit. Holidays, xmas bonuses, presents from work, parties, etc.

"Be no part of Babylon the Great....(edited by JW to add,,,unless money, gifts or tiime off work involved)

Whew, ok, I feel better now....love Jez

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

I wonder if he is related to Richard Kelsey of the German Branch Committee and one of the first American missionaries in Germany

• Soledad
    Soledad

friggin hipocrite. I can't stand people like that.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I knew an elder who received "evil" money and when asked about it he laughed and said that he would "cry all the way to the bank.".

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

WHAT IS THIS ABOUT?

If he got money for something........he shoud give it to the Salvation Army

HappyDad

• Mulan
    Mulan

We had an immigrant Romanian family in our congregation. They always went to the local churches at Christmas time to get free toys for their children. You just couldn't reason with them about it. "But it's free" she would say. Then claim to not understand English well enough to know why she wasn't supposed to do that.

They can make all kinds of excuses to justify doing what they want to do.

That family does very well financially, but still act like they are poor as church mice. Their oldest daughter is getting married in a couple of months and they are literally begging for monetary assistance, because "we don't have any money". They bought a piano last week. Last year they bought a HUGE TV, and their house is quite a place. Why everyone keeps giving them handouts is beyond me.

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

daaang .. i should have pretended to be romanian when i was begging people for monetary help when i was living in my van... being broke didnt cut it lmao

• Granny Linda
    Granny Linda

JW's are

Me thinks other cultures pretend not understanding much until it comes to "free", too. Amazing how this one family was always at the community center for a handout, and then hubby saw mommy at Radio Shack one day buying a $250.00 electronic toy at Christmas time.

Religion/money. Money/religion.

And the 501(C) exempt is another example of religious hypocricy.

gl

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

What a hypocrite!!!

You should've seen them all, every last one of them, going to the Red Cross and the Salvation Army and whoever was giving something for free right after the hurricanes hit our area!!!!!!!!! They're big time hyprocrites!!!

Now, whenever I see the Salvation Army ringing their donations bell, I make sure I give whatever change or dollar bills I have on me. I'm waiting for any of them to see me and criticize my actions. I'll give them such a good piece of my mind!!!!!!!

DY

• Poztate
    Poztate
    Now, whenever I see the Salvation Army ringing their donations bell, I make sure I give whatever change or dollar bills I have on me.

Made my first donation to the "Sally Ann" food bank this year. Damm... it feel good just to help those needing it without looking over your shoulder to see if an elder was looking on and taking note.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit