Jehovah Witness promotion of JW.org as the place to get answers to all of lifes important question is the height of arrogance

by Brokeback Watchtower 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

We are hearing reports of this promotion of the website by the JW and it seems to be a resource for them to dodge questions of their faith, when they don't have or want to give an answer to a question they direct the house holder to the Organization/Corporation's website to get the answer as if it really existed.there.

I think soon they are going to drop the door to door work all together as completely unprofitable, i mean their donation arrangement is a complete flop and has cost them i'm sure so they are in the process of shipping as many as they can into building up real estate for the corporation, because that is where the money is right now.

The whole JW.org is just a complete failure as a source of good information and only scare away people except the most vulnerable/gullible.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I am sure you are right on the money with your Post.

The average JW can still count his/her "time" handing out tracts and telling people to go to the website, not caring that there is no facility on the site to question the answers, to comment, that matters not, they have done their bit to gain entrance to the Paradise.

I am not sure that DtoD will be dropped in one go, I think they will simply shift emphasis, and let it die as the main "work".

In some rural areas it is simply not feasible to set up a Trolley/Stand and they still need to keep the R&F feeling busy, so DtoD will stay for them at least.

The Property Business is now their core business, and main source of income.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    They've made it really easy to be a dutiful loyalist, these days, that's for sure.
  • WTWizard
    WTWizard
    I don't think the door to door will ever stop.  They need some way to waste people's time and resources, so they can't build a business or get any education and spend the money otherwise wasted on field circus on something that will give them real value.
  • wannabefree
    wannabefree
    I'm with WTWizard, I don't see door to door stopping.  They point to it in the scriptures.  I see them getting dumber about having Bible discussions, but door to door is the busy work and social aspect for so many JW's.  Take away the door to door work and all of those pioneers and JW housewives will get busy in other activities.
  • StrongHaiku
    StrongHaiku
    Based on what I have seen so far, most JWs can be replaced with an electronic Kiosk with a money drop-box attached.
  • Splash
    Splash
    Based on what I have seen, most JW's could be replaced with a toy doll with a pull-cord in its' back.
  • Viviane
    Viviane
    We are hearing reports of this promotion of the website by the JW and it seems to be a resource for them to dodge questions of their faith, when they don't have or want to give an answer to a question they direct the house holder to the Organization/Corporation's website to get the answer as if it really existed.there.

A couple of JWs stopped by my house last month and that's exactly what they did. I didn't tell them I was DF'ed, we just had a conversation about why logically God doesn't make sense and evolution is true (on of the JWs even admitted evolution was real), eventually they just said that JW.ORG could answer all of my questions.

I saw one of the JW ladies in the store about a week later, she asked if I had visited the website. I said that I had but it didn't answer any more questions. She didn't push for a return visit or anything. It seemed as if the was that if one visit and a website hit couldn't convince me, time to move on!

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe
    Viviane - If the website didn't answer all of your questions, then you clearly don't have the right heart condition and you aren't worth her time.
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The only problem is that the information comes from people who are poorly educated and ideological delusional and that many of the doctrines created by this religious publishing house were inherently and purely devised to attract attention to the literature itself.    

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit