Je suis le percepteur! (French tax on WTS)

by ezekiel3 22 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Hello all

According to the official French Watchtower site, on June 17, 2008 the European Court deferred its decision again. Both parties were requested to provide complementary information by September 15. The date for the final decision is still unknown.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

BTTT. Thanks for this update. The UK may prove not to be the tax haven the WBTS think it is if the French decision doesn't go their way.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

Euph,

I agree - the numbers seemed a little low. Especially compared to the $1 billion reported recently by Brooklyn HQ, a number disproportionately higher that we would expect just scaling for publishers. There appear to be two possibilities to account for this:

• Actual revenues in France are higher, but the Society knew people would work the number backward, so they intentionally gave modest figures.
    • The France revenues are more or less as we have calculated, but a significant portion are forwarded to Brooklyn. Since HQ receives monies from various branches, their revenue is disproportionately higher than the rest of the world.

SNG

Seattle: I think in the US there are more single JWS dying, and leaving huge wills. just my theory

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit