20/20 tonight 12/10 9 pm CST: Sexual Abuse in the Amish Community

by blondie 24 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• blondie
    blondie

It might be helpful to see how another religious community handles sexual abuse.

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

I know where I will be tonight! Thanks for the information Blondie!

Country Girl

• JustTickledPink
    JustTickledPink

Very cool.

My grandparents pre-JW, were Mennonites in the north-western part of Canada. Very similar to Amish and some of my family raised by them, has come out with sexual abuse stories.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Wake up! There's sexual abuse everywhere!

DY

• JustTickledPink
    JustTickledPink

We know it's everywhere. I'm in the law enforcement community.... But the way people of authority HANDLE the abuse is the problem. That is the difference.

• hubert
    hubert

Blondie, I just checked my cable t.v. guide, and it says:

Dateline NBC, at 8 p.m. est. Billy Crystal, then after it is "Sexual abuse among Amish women". on the same program. (But, it said Dateline, not 20/20).

Hubert

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

CNN with aaron brown has been running a series about how the catholic church is addressing the sexual molestation by priests issue.. cnn replays everything so some may be interested to watch for that.

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

correction.its anderson cooper not aaron brown..sorry.. its so far been a pretty in depth report. interviewing, victims, legal people, and church officials about the apology and the settlement .

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

Both 20/20 and Dateline did stories on this last night. Maybe something happened in the Byler case that prompted the story on both programs. Very sad...

Country Girl

• avishai
    avishai
    Wake up! There's sexual abuse everywhere!

OK, that's enough, you can bite me. You can also say"Wake up, there's serial killers everywhere" But if someone lets 5 serial killers continue murdering people, instead of putting him away, your going to have 50 murders instead of one!! Get it? That's the difference with the dubs. I've seen 2 dub molesters go on to molest at least 50 kids after the first knowledge of their crime by the elders. Because it was'nt reported. UNDERSTAND? THIS IS WHY!!! GEEZ!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit