What would you do? Need Advice!

by jwbot 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Satanus
    Satanus

Parents and their goddam morality *ucking house rules!!! He is their kid, for pete's sake. I agree w those who say to only let your bro stay. Your stress level is already very high. You have no obligation to let his girlfriend in. You just mentioned that she has emotional problems. If you take her in, you automatically take in her problems, no matter what she promises. Actually, your parents are really the shirkers here.

S

• confusedjw
    confusedjw
    Also about contributing to OIL because thats EXPENSIVE

As a home owner - will having him there actually use more oil? I would just charge him for food if anything.

BUT whether he is making a mistake or not with this girl taking him in IS the right thing to do.

Does this mean he is on the way out of the org? Can you talk to him about the UN, 607, 1925 etc so he can see that this is a cult and not something to be running back to?

• jwbot
    jwbot

It would use more oil because of hot water usage. But I would not charge him half--well I am not "charging" him anything, just told him to contribute once in a while.

My brother is "not sure" about the religion. He is baptized, he might actually get disfellowshipped...although he makes it a point to tell me he is not having sex...I told him he is an adult and thats his choice and he does not need to tell me (because I do not want to hear it) and he does not need to tell anyone else (like elders). Oy. I just do not want him to get disfellowshipped...they treated me bad enough and I was not disfellowshipped!

• MelbaToast
    MelbaToast

JWBOT:

I have to stop posting tonight because of studying for my finals too...so Im right there with ya. My take: I get a "gut" feeling that bro's not being completely honest with you. For your sake, I hope he is. Letting the gf stay at your house is a bad idea...especially if you have a strained relationship with family already. Why is she only taking one class???

my advice.....take a deep breath....cleanse your mind for a minute...put on some coffee....and start cracking down on studying. Don't let family crap interfere with your education....should be priority #1. Let your bro stay, but he has to have a verifiable plan for leaving as soon as he can. I don't deal well with cramped houses either, so I can sympathize. Get out as much as possible, and encourage your bro to visit other friends as well, after all you need your personal time too.

(((((jwbot))))) glad you are posting again

Melba of the "wheres that damn book" class

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit