A Badger's Tail, Episode IV (and final)

by Badger 20 Replies latest jw experiences

• new light
    new light

Interesting story there, Badge. I related to your early life all too well, especially the idea of being a gifted child with boundless potential who was tethered to the hitching post of JW doctrine. Thanks for sharing, it's nice to know others have gone through the same thing, although I wish none of us had to go through this. Kudos for reclaiming your life and getting an education.

• teejay
    teejay
    I was still a believer, I just wanted answers from an outside source. That damn college book learnin? had taught me to look for multiple sources from several different points of view. I reasoned that if my faith was really well-placed, the org would hold up under scrutiny.

Oh bruddah!! I guess you know better than that by now you... you... you... apostate, you!!

Great story, told well. (Loved the ending!) To satisfy my prurient interests, I wish you would've elaborated more in a couple places, but overall? Two enthusiastic thumbs up.

• Badger
    Badger

kwin, Princess, Nav: I'm glad you liked it, really!

new light: Thanks too...Why does our childhood in the org affect us so much? It isn't just the missed opportunities, either...it's something more...

tj: Glad you dug it...If you need elaboration, I can...that's what these follow ups are all about. What did you want expanded upon?

• Valis
    Valis

badgerbadgerbadger....I have enjoyed reading your story man...thanks for sharing your episodic episodes with us..

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Gill
    Gill

Brilliant story, Badger. I really enjoyed reading it!

Good luck!

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    Slowly but steadily, guilt, shame and pressure and being replaced by peace, pride and confidence. I am proud of what I?ve done

And well you should be. You've come through a lot and not only are you still standing, but you're doing very well. Thanks for telling your story.

• kaykay_mp
    kaykay_mp

god, i freekin' love it.

laters

kaykay_mp

• maybesbabies
    maybesbabies

Badger,

you know how I feel about ya!

You express yourself well, and you are a man of character. That is very important, as it requires discernment, compassion, and ethics....the antithesis of judgement, punishment, and morals. It requires a thinking mind, a judicious heart, and absolute empathy. You are a dear heart, keep on your path, you're on your way to happiness.

Tamar

• Badger
    Badger

Valis, Big Tex: I'd rather sit at a poker table with you two than a JC anyday...Can't wait for the next time!

gill, kaykay: thanks...I hope it does good, even if it just entertains.

(((maybes))): Your friendship has meant a lot to me, and still does. If you want to know one of the reasons I was able to get out, look in the mirror.

• maybesbabies
    maybesbabies
    (((maybes))): Your friendship has meant a lot to me, and still does. I fyou want t oknow one of the reasons I was able to get out, look in the mirror.

Oy! Ya gone and made me all teary eyed! Ya know I you, bratt..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit