Hilarious rumours!!!

by gerbils 31 Replies latest jw friends

• gerbils
    gerbils

When my father stepped down from being an elder in the congregation, due to him wanting to spend more time with the family, a lot of people were VERY curious as to why he did. The shocking rumour started going around as to the reason why- My dad had been caught having gay sex in a car with another brother, and they were caught in the act by a pioneer sister in the congregation!

On hearing the gossip dad actually couldn't speak for a whole 1/2 hour! We couldn't believe it!

Does anybody have any similar wild gossip tales? If you can beat that I will be impressed!

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

LMFAO...that is incredible!

Less than one month after we stopped going to meetings, rumors spread to "friends" hundreds of miles away that we were DF'd for apostasy. At that point we were simply not going to meetings! No one knew why! Now it's over 2 years later and we still haven't been DF'd or anything.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

When I quit going, the rumor going around a couple of circuits was that I refused to talk to poor, dying mother who just "wanted to reconcile" with her evil, wayward son (bite me), Nina and I were on the verge of divorce, I was committed against my will to a psychiatric hospital (that's the one I like, can't you just see me like Hannibal Lecter ... "Well hello Clarice") and the psychologist I was seeing at the time had either hypnotized me or was demonized because she used 'crystals'.

• heathen
    heathen

gerbils--- It sounds like you had some apostates in the hall . There's always someone out there that likes to start the sh@# .

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

One of my favorites about me was when I saw a disfellowshipped friend of mine when I was in Florida, my mom (Out of all the people in the world.) spread a rumor about me and my underaged pregnant female friend staying in a hotel room with my brother's ex girlfriend.

Technichally, the first part was true. I did stay in a hotel room with my underaged pregnant female friend, but nothing went on. She was giving me moral support after my brother kicked me out of his house for telling him that his religious ideas are making him into a monster. Which they are.

• franklin J
    franklin J

yes, it is hilarious when viewed from a secure, distanced perspective. Anyone who still "practices" would be paralyzed by the fear that it would actually be believed.

When I left full time pioneering 27 years ago to enter college full time; the same rumors started. Because I was 21 and unmarried they just assumed I was gay; because I pursued a college education they just assumed I took drugs.

Stupid, stupid people. All these years later, my marriage to a "worldly" girl ( held in a Catholic Church, no less) is still going strong. Fully 2/3 of the JW congregation "kids" I grew up with who all married in their late teens; are either divorced or stuck in miserable dead end marriages and carreers.

• formerout
    formerout

Gerbils,

I have some better ones than this I will post later when I have more time, but no, they won't beat that one... at least not the ones that I have HEARD about...... lol.

When my JW fiancee and I got df'd for sex before we got married, we fell upon hard times and broke up for awhile. While separated, although she was still df'd, her friends spoke to her... (unlike me.. different rules for different JW's) and began to tell her that I was smoking. She hated me at the time but she still tried to convince them that I would never smoke. (No offense to any that do but I run and smoking was just "never" for me.)

More and more people kept coming to her and saying the same thing. She kept defending me. What made them think I was smoking? I worked as a courier and stuck my pen in my mouth as I was driving. I always bought all-white pens for some reason.

Funny thing was that I was doing this for years before I got df'd. They just never paid attention until I became this evil df'd person. Too funny how prejudiced their minds are.

The other funny thing: We got df'd on the same day. We had been going out for some time. Did they really have to dig deep to try to figure out WHY I got df'd and make up this smoking thing? Dummies..... lol.

Brad

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I wonder if there was anything going around that I did not know about...

Hey PennyCandy... did you pick up on any rumors about me after I DAed?

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

i found out the ex was spreading a rumor saying i was having an affair with a cop .. ( i dont even know any cops.. oddly he's buddies with a bunch of them so maybe HE was having the affair)

i also heard he was telling people i was having an lesbian affair with a woman i met online..

i wish i had as much fun as the rumors say i did!

the reality was i was living in my van because the ex was bugging me for sex all the time and threatening me in the home i was in and a fine worldy disabled man offered me a room NO STRINGS so i moved to nashville.. no fun sex involved. dammit!

• ThisGuy04
    ThisGuy04

apparently i'm a "big time" drug dealer lol this was being spread by an elder in one of my old congo's a few yrs back...to this day i have NO idea how he came up with that; i hadn't seen him for a few yrs by that point and i'm certainly not a dealer...funny as hell, b/c, well jeez, i WISH...i could use the extra cash flow

formerout has it right, it still amazes me how prejudiced they are against "worldly" people

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit