What? He's not in the truth???!!!!

by gerbils 12 Replies latest jw friends

• gerbils
    gerbils

2 1/2 years ago I met my non-JW boyfriend, and I received a shepherding call from two lovely elders who told me that I was mixing good with evil, and didn't I know the man I loved was going to die at armaggedon? They left me in tears...not as though I left my boyfriend of course. I've made sure that things like that don't get to me anymore. I was just wondering if anybody had any similar experiences?

• Wolfgirl
    Wolfgirl

More than once. OK, more than twice. :D

• Happy Guy :)
    Happy Guy :)

two lovely elders who told me that I was mixing good with evil, and didn't I know the man I loved was going to die at armaggedon?

I wonder if God knows that his right of judgement has been removed from him by these elders and the WT.

• Golf
    Golf

I married my 'worldly' girlfriend 42 years ago! Interestingly, I didn't have any serious flack from the witnesses, meaning, they didn't make a production out of it. Guest77

• franklin J
    franklin J

yes, I have had a similar experience.

My best friend growing up ( both of us JWs) had married very young to a daughter of one of my mothers Bible Studies. They were 17 and 18 years of age. I knew both of them very well.

They got married young and moved away to another part of the country. Years later when I had left the JW way of life; gone to college and established myself in life with new credentials; a practicing Architect in New York City; I met a nice "wordly girl" and got married. I found my old JW friends address somewhere in Louisianna. I sent them an invitation to my wedding. No response.

5 years later when my first child was born; I was so happy and elated and wanted to share that moment with everyone. This time I called them on the phone. I was told that since I was no longer a Witness; they would not want to meet my child as that child would die at armegeddon.

I was so horrified by their comments that I cut the call short and never thought of them again. That was 13 years ago. My life is better off without people like them in it.

No shortage of real friends though; and there have been MANY new friends ( all non JW) to share all the joy with. Especially after we had 2 more children!

• redskymedic
    redskymedic

Oh yes, been there on more than one occasion. That's why I'm DF-d now, to be honest. Obviously, the threats didn't stop me and I couldn't be happier with my non-JW husband.

• gerbils
    gerbils

Franklin...that story is awful! People like that have no possible excuses to call themselves christians!could you imagine jesus ever saying that?....ur...no! I just wish I had been brave enough to say that to the elders who visited me!

Thats not saying of course that all elders are bad, because they aren't. I know some really lovely, humble, loving men who are elders, but then there are some right ba*!^rds too, who have no place being able to spiritually lead people!

• JustTickledPink
    JustTickledPink

No, they didn't talk about him at all, just reminded me that the path I had taken would lead me on the "large wide road to destruction" and I needed to get back on the "narrow path" that leads to life.

Pretty much didn't talk to them anymore.

• gerbils
    gerbils

even funnier was that they visited me on the memorial day...and so just to spite them I brought my boyfriend along to it. Their faces literally dropped! hahaha

• happyout
    happyout

Actually, a while back I ran into a former witness friend at a concert. This guy used to be one of my closest friends, and we did a little bit of dirt together. He used to drink beer in Jr. High, curse, ditch class, etc. Well, he saw me, and turns out he's now a ministerial servant. He told me I needed to "come back" and my problem was, I think too much (I have never, ever understood what the hell that is supposed to mean). He looked at my husband and told him Jehovah "needed" someone like him (my husband comes across as rather quiet and easily led, which is NOTHING like his real personality). When neither of us appeared moved, he looked at my son, and then back at me and said, "But what about your son? Don't you at least want him to live?"

Seriously, I thought I was going to kick his ass right there on the grass. I don't even remember exactly what I said, but it wasn't nice and he walked away.

For the record (not that I should have to say this) I would do anything for my son, walk over hot coals, stand in front of a train, ANYTHING, WTH NO HESITATION! How dare this self righteous hypocritical son of a bit** imply that I was deliberatly condeming my son to death by not following his asinine organization.

Happyout - of the Still Pissed Off About It Class

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit