Is the Watchtower unintentintionally breeding "false" witnesses

by XQsThaiPoes 10 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

I noticed that at least in my area the JWs are morraly corrupt. Now this is not traditional corruption where i bend the rules out of greed for power or money. This is the total lack of moral judgement, or as the watchtower calls it "a bible trained conscience". Where basically the concept that what you are doing or allowing is not thought about.

I will be vague to protect the case:

A non-jw has a sick child that needs a blood transfussion. The non-jw does not believe in blood transfussions. They ask the jws for help avoiding a blood transfussion. The jws* look at the person as crazy, and says give your child a blood transfussion they may die without one!

* By JWs I mean a member of the HLC who is an elder along with a hand full of members in the congregation.

I have noticed several incidents in which it is apparent the JWs in question regardless of position can't understand basically "whats good for the goose is good for the gander". Matters such as child abuse, divorce, fornication, blood, and others. I also noticed the Awake! rarely agrees with the watchtower. For example they have an article recently that very crudely and awkwardly encourages younge women to initiate dating. They also rarely agree with the watchtower on chronology.

Also they say they are free from custom, fear of men/ goverment, or tradition yet many articles (at least nowdays) instruct JWs to live by their local customs before taking the watchtowers advice.

My question is why are JWs like this right now, or have they always been like this? Because I can't understand this many JWs recomending a transfusion when in theory they are supossed to do the opposite. Won't this corrupt the JW religion in the long run?

• under74
    under74

*"A non-jw has a sick child that needs a blood transfussion. The non-jw does not believe in blood transfussions. They ask the jws for help avoiding a blood transfussion. The jws* look at the person as crazy, and says give your child a blood transfussion they may die without one!"

They've always had different rule books.

You know I remember reading a thread a while back where Lonewolf was saying there was some in fighting...I've been meaning to look that up in past threads.

• Pole
    Pole
    This is the total lack of moral judgement, or as the watchtower calls it "a bible trained conscience".

One of the best definitions of JW morality I've ever seen. Jws are morally disabled. Almost every moral aspect of their lives is predefined in thousands of detailed rules published by WTS. They're only left with a few petty choices which give them the impression of moral freedom. Life is easy when someone else does the thinking for you. But as you rightly point out when you lose your own morality, you are immoral, no matter what you replace it with.

Pole

• garybuss
    garybuss

I had a Witness look right through me once. Morally and visually disabled. lol

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    I also noticed the Awake! rarely agrees with the watchtower. For example they have an article recently that very crudely and awkwardly encourages younge women to initiate dating. They also rarely agree with the watchtower on chronology.

Q - I never noticed that all the time I was a witness - but maybe I am wrong. Can you gives some precise quotes that are contradictory from Wt and Awake? I think that could make for some interesting discussion here. Thank you

Jeff

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

I can look up a few articles in the awake vs watchtower stance. One I remember is that the awake did an article on dolmens (like stonehenge) the article placed the funnel beaker people as the builders, but that conflicts the watchtowers stance the global flood really happend.

BTW if you look at the wts webpage they have a list of what JWs believe. They list them believing Jesus is not God. They don't list Jesus is Michael or 1914 as a JW belief.

• blondie
    blondie

http://www.watchtower.org/library/w/1995/11/1/the_truth_about_angels.htm

By putting "michael" in the search box, this is one of the articles that pops up on the main Watchtower site, "The Truth About Angels."

Since Jehovah is a God of order, it is not surprising that his vast angelic family is organized.?1 Corinthians 14:33.

• The foremost angel, both in power and authority, is the archangel, Jesus Christ, also called Michael. (1 Thessalonians 4:16; Jude 9) Under his authority are seraphs, cherubs, and angels.
  • XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

Lol how did two separate post merge into one blondie? That was to go on the other tread.

BTW that article is from 1995 I believe. Maybe this whole thing was a millenium fluke that was forgoten and the wts moved on. THey have never been much for continuity.

• blondie
    blondie

But then that doesn't explain the 8-8-04 WT study article where Jesus=Michael.

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

I was not explaining it persay. I was just noticing that this may be a fluke I am trying to find that other qoute. There are still large portions of JWs that do know understand the generation change and are still waiting for the last people that lived in 1914 to see the armageddon.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit