New KM, With New Procedures!

by Doubtfully Yours 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

In the newest Kingdom Ministry publication comes the information of how they're combining the 'No Blood' card and the 'Health Proxy' document into only one card.

The card will have pertinent information according to the region where the person lives. Publishers will only need to change this card if personal information changes, otherwise one can keep the card forever instead of the nonsense of having to fill one out at the beginning of each year.

The WTBTS sure is simplifying matters as time goes by. GOOD!!!

DY

• MungoBaobab
    MungoBaobab

Maybe they're simplifying the paperwork, but...

Blood transfusions= bad
    Blood components= bad
    Blood fractions= good

that's like saying

blood transfusions= bad
    b l o o d t r a n s f u s i o n s= bad

but

b l o o d t r a n s f u s i o n s = good
    Fine, I'm bleeding to death, so doctor, I can't have a blood transfusion, but if you could mix every single blood fraction inside my body and make a kind of blood coctail, that would be great. Thanks!
  • Pole
    Pole

Can anyone tell me what sort of directives the American version of the Health Proxy document contained? The one we had in Poland was a legal joke - it was more or less a direct translation with little regard for Polish law. They finally had to reedit it.

This health proxy thing (at least in the Polish version) is the epitome of the WTS inclination not only to control their members' lives but their deaths too.

Also by combining the blood cards with the health proxy they create the impression that witnesses are generally health aware people and that the blood issue is just one of the many arrangements they make acting on their own will and not cult programming.

Pole

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

I have to go to a SM meeting before they read this to hear our PO (something came up so I hope they did not already do it). But this june he said signing these forms are "a conscience matter". meaning that they are optional. Now note this. In some areas (I am not naming them) but if you flash a blood card and say certain things some places will give you a discount. So I know many people will sign out of habbit/benefits, but I wonder about this new optional idea. Is it really optional, and if it is why?

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

XQs:
    I feel like I'm getting on your case, but may I assure you that this is not my intent.
    Anyways, I just wanted to question this:

But this june he said signing these forms are "a conscience matter". meaning that they are optional.

But we all know that it isn't truly optional. There are "expectations" that everyone will be busying about getting their documents signed, with an air of excitement. "Oooh, who can sign it, did we fill in all the boxes and get it signed in front of witnesses, are you watching me sigh it Brother Myopic? oooh..."

Anything said to the effect of it being optional is bound to be a "get out" concerning not "forcing" people to make medical choices. We're not jaded, we just know the mindset so well.

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

But we all know that it isn't truly optional. There are "expectations" that everyone will be busying about getting their documents signed, with an air of excitement. "Oooh, who can sign it, did we fill in all the boxes and get it signed in front of witnesses, are you watching me sigh it Brother Myopic? oooh..."

Hmm maybe it was just his oppinion, but he basically said that is careless and you should go over it alone, and with family, and then arange to have it signed instead of running up to the elders wanting a bunch of john hancocks. Thats why I want to see what they do when it is time to sign these things. If you remember June was when they rolled out the newest version of the fraction policy. Since they are turning two papers into one it seems like the changes are deliberate to reflect the new safer and less liable* yet oddly more theologically conflicting policy.

*Many people sue over the blood issue regularly. Even if the watchtower has never had to pay damages they seem lately to rather have their lawyers work on new tax code than a bunch of custody or civil cases linked to the blood issue. So i think they want to legally be close to unencumbered as they can with JWdom. Even if it means secretly changing how elders/hlc works while declawing their paper tiger.

• IT Support
    IT Support

XQ,

But we all know that it isn't truly optional.

Little Toe is corect. That's why the congregattion is told not to sign it that night, but to do it at the book study.

That way the book study conductor can check everyone in his group has signed, and would automatically tell the body of elders if anyone's "conscience" did not allow them to sign it..

Regards,

Ken

• TweetieBird
    TweetieBird

XQ, Usually they do the blood card the 1st service meeting in January.

• Midget-Sasquatch
    Midget-Sasquatch

I hated when they made those changes. Suuuurrrrrrrre, publishers had a whole week to make a thought out "choice", but now the signing was to be done in the smaller sized book studies which meant MORE EFFECTIVE SURVEILLANCE of what we'd do or not do and so the coercion was greater. Crooklyn's way of making it look like they're all for freedom of choice but keeping a firm(er) grip on their members.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Tweetie:
    That changed about three or four years ago (as ITSupport mentions), though I don't doubt that some congregations might have overlooked the new directions. The letters to the body of Elders are mind-numbingly boring...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit