Famous JWs vs famous Mormons

by undercover 23 Replies latest jw friends

• undercover
    undercover

Thanks for the lists pr.....

The Mormon bunch doesn't stack up to the JWs as far as newsworthiness or flashiness. Seems a bit odd, that the JWs are so "worldly".

• Aude_Sapere
    Aude_Sapere

Phil Ingram (James Ingram's brother) is JW pioneer

Mira Sorvino's mother 'studied' for many years (I don't think she ever got baptized)

• Aude_Sapere
    Aude_Sapere

Phil from Paul Revere and the Raiders

he was also known as the Baby Raider

Phil something... Forget his last name

• Brummie
    Brummie

My best freind Gladys Knight is a mormon! How can a black female with the voice of an angel become a mormon????? There is no justice in the world! Didnt anyone tell her how they viewed black females up until the 70s? darn.

• franklin J
    franklin J

all these famous JWs must think of themselves like "Queen Esther" from the book of the old testament

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

I heard that the creators of South Park are former LDS'ers.

• undercover
    undercover
    I heard that the creators of South Park are former LDS'ers.

That would definately trump our Prince and Williams sisters. Makes sense too. South Park has made more than one episode making fun of the Mormons. I've been waiting for them to turn their attention to the JWs.

• catchthis
    catchthis

Don't forget to add Dave Mustaine, lead singer and guitarist of Megadeth, was raised a witness in La Mesa, CA.

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

I remember reading somewhere that Larry King is raising his 2 boys in the Mormon faith....his wife Shawn is a devout Mormon.

• jws
    jws
    I heard that the creators of South Park are former LDS'ers

My guess is that might be true of Trey Parker, but I thought Matt Stone was Jewish. I thought he was basically the model for Kyle.

As mentioned above, Steve Young (former SF 49ers QB) is a mormon. He's also a descendant of Brigham Young.

I also thought former Chicago Bears (Eagles, Vikings, Chargers, Packers) QB, Jim McMahon of Super Bowl 20 fame was also a Mormon.

We know who all the famous JWs and ex-JWs are because we pick up on those sorts of things and remember them. If somebody famous says they're a JW, the buzz races through congregations. We either hear it from JWs or maybe we spot it in some article. It stands out to us. We do not do that for Mormons. If somebody famous says they're a Mormon, our ears aren't going to prick up. For all we know, some of the wildest, most vulgar performers are/were Mormons. We just don't know it. So I wouldn't say famous JWs are any different from famous Mormons without a more comprehensive list.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit