Jesus/Michael Is there a change?

by aniron 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ellderwho
    ellderwho

Blondie,

Thanks for the reality check.

LT, Yeah I showed my moms elder husband those verses as well. He squirmmed alittle, that was it.

Like most cults the biggest problem "what to do with Jesus"???

• Room 215
    Room 215

Little Toe: It's the WTBTS that has made the Jesus/Michael connection an article of faith; it wouldn't surprise me to learn that some have been disciplined for failing to accept it fully-- and that's the troubling aspect.

And, no, they haven't changed their view, nor does it seem to me that they necessarily need to; if incorrect, then at it's at least not at all implausible. Their error is in the enforced acceptance of this and any other of their teachings as a condition of remaining in good standing.

As bad as the WTBTS is, they aren't wrong about EVERYTHING, are they? Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

• Narkissos
    Narkissos
    BTW this is the end of the debate because I produced the article and the originator of this post says that some JWs don't believe Michael is that archangel. So everything fits nicely.

Well, if the article means the WT considers it as "free opinion" (which I don't believe), why did you "lose your Bible study" when your student, on reading it, reverted to his/her original stance (that Jesus was not Michael)? If you're right he could have been accepted as a JW. Or did I miss something?

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Room215:

Their error is in the enforced acceptance of this and any other of their teachings as a condition of remaining in good standing.

Aint that the bottom line!
    IMHO it is one of the things that brands them a cult (along with the shunning of those that reject any of their teachings).

• Will Power
    Will Power
    While there is no statement in the Bible that categorically identifies Michael the archangel as Jesus, there is one scripture that links Jesus with the office of archangel. In his letter to the Thessalonians, the apostle Paul prophesied: "The Lord himself will descend from heaven with a commanding call, with an archangel?s voice and with God?s trumpet, and those who are dead in union with Christ will rise first." (1 Thessalonians 4:16) In this scripture Jesus is described as having assumed his power as God?s Messianic King. Yet, he speaks with "an archangel?s voice." Note, too, that he has the power to raise the dead.

How do they get away with saying there is one scripture that links Jesus with the office of ....Their own footnote on this word* The Lord* himself will descend..... says this Lord is Jehovah.

Doesn't anyone ever look these things up? How can they use this as a "reasonable" link? Its nothing but a reasonable fraud - & double talk

those who are dead in union with Christ will rise first."

When do those who are dead in union with the Watchtower Society rise?

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

I lost the bible study narc because he was a trinitarian. If if Jesus was not michael then to him that meas Jesus was God. Since JWs are unitarian that doesn't bode well.

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

BTW blondie I am finding your quotes strange (I notice you find them strange too). Mainly because they conflict other quotes issued at the same time regarding the 1914/ establishing of the kingsdom doctrines. One (the mage with the big yellow globe on it) from this year has the kingdom up and running (abiet at idle) before 1914 and Jesus as king. The more watchtowers I read the more you can see even the watchtower does not understand the implications of its own doctrines. For example you can't be king of a government that does not exist yet. If you are king you can't be more king just because you are engaging in some action of looking at the earth or fighting demons.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit