Is the Celine Dion recording of a Kingdom Melody old news?

by Candlestick02 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Candlestick02
    Candlestick02

I just got an e-mail from a relative of mine with a link to a recording of song number 54 w/ Celine Dion and George Benson? I've not been checking the discussion forum for a while, so I don't know if this is old news? Please advise.

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

Can we have the link too please?

• Mulan
    Mulan

I'm beginning to think she will do anything for money. I know she is a pretty devout Catholic.

• blondie
    blondie

This was a duet with a sister (not Celine) and George Benson done at the recent Gilead graduation. The ones distributing this online say they had verbal permission from Benson to pass this around as long as they did not charge for it. I have also seen posts elsewhere that COs have condemned their passing around this "pirated" CD recording.

It is not Celine Dion....It is not Celine Dion.

The JWs are not posting it online that I know of...you have to email them direct...that means you have to be an active JW on their DB...

Blondie

• heathen
    heathen

Of course they would be upset they aren't making any money off of it . They do have copywrites to the music but I'm guessing they wanted to make some money off a name talent . These idiots don't even take the singing part of worship serious enough to justify complaining over someone that does . I think they ought to take anyone that has a trained voice and produce a cd so the others can learn how to . God they are pittiful when it comes to that end of the religion .It's like you want to put a pair of ear plugs in when they start up the music . I think they deliberately mess it up .

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Blondie,

It is not Celine Dion....It is not Celine Dion.

That sounds like a line from one of her songs.

Best regards - HS

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

There's another thread on it also. Might be something there of interest as well.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/81379/1.ashx

• jws
    jws

I'm still waiting to see whether somebody sneaks in a recorder and sits next to Prince during song-time.

• Brummie
    Brummie

Yet another song to be avoided at all costs...

Brummie

• Candlestick02
    Candlestick02

Ha. Interesting. I finally got a chance to jump back on and see what was posted to my original inquiry. I think I might have the link, if you all are interested in hearing it. I have to dig through my e-mails to find that ... but I now have doubts on whether it really IS Celine Dion. Who knows? I just thought it was funny that this relative of mine sent it to me w/ such reverence. Something to the affect of 'maybe she too has an open heart.'

Candlestick

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit