I THREW A TANTRUM.......did you?!

by wizedup 7 Replies latest jw friends

• wizedup
    wizedup

When I realized, I needed to debunk the WTS, I threw a tantrum.

The society's appointed elders were responsible for going to court and reversing a restraining order my husband had for sole custody of his children. His X-wife threatened to kill them. He had a psychiatrist's paper work that she needed mental help. He had proof of her threat on tape, but of course, the elders would not listen to that. The elders testified in court as HER MINISTERS that she was a competent parent and should have custody (besides, she pioneered!). Long story short, she snuck the kids out of state with the elders help and abused the kids so badly, eventually one son committed suicide and the other is institutionalized. The elders sent a slanderous letter full of lies and rediculous charges against my husband to his new hall, and hunted him down for years until someone would disfellowship him to cover their tracks. (He knows because they let him read the letter.) After hearing from my husband what the elders did, the society dissolved the congregation these elders were in and allowed the elders to scatter , (they remained elders). When he asked the society to help get the letter since he formally accused them of slander, and he could prove the charges against him were false, the letter isn't there. When my husband asked a relative (elder in that hall) about the letter, he was told, "All I can say is, we did what the society told us to do with the letter." When my husband confronted one of the elders who went to court, with the results of what they did, he asked him personally for an apology. His response was, he didn't know she had mental and lying problems at that time, or was abusive, ( my husband kept telling them all along!) but they were starting to "catch up " with her shortly after she left state. He didn't feel an apology was necessary because he didn't know. The society was given copies of all the court documents, psychiatrists reports, death certificates, police reports on the X-wife for federal offenses and so on. Their response? We'll look into the matter, keep going out in service. About three years later when asked again what was being done, they responded with, "we'll be happy to look into it again". (DUH! - what problem?) Another year later when asked again what was happening with this, the new response was, we didn't find substance to your accusations. ( How could you, if you told them to destroy the evidence ?!) Elders were kept informed what the scoop was, so a C/O comes over to whip us into spiritual shape. He looked at the society's letter and tried to convince us the last evasive non-response REALLY said they are DOING something about it. We told him we needed space to deal with all this and could not go to a meeting at this time. He sharply stated he could not give us the kind of space we asked for, we NEEDED to be at the meetings! Afterall, HE was giving the talk. And since you (my husband) are one of the anointed, you have the responsibility to be there and to preach! How can you approach Jehovah if you aren't doing what he commands? I demanded to know how they can approach Jehovah with what they were doing?! Where was their trust in Him in giving justice where called for?

Call us slow learners if you want to, but then and there we knew it was OVER! We wrote our DA letters the next day. (I posted it on this site Nov. 25, ( Mr. and Mrs. Wizedup's Really Horrific Story via DA letter) if you want to read it.

The next day it all hit me HARD! Hypocrites,... lying to us,... concealing the truth... etc, etc...The disgusting thing causing desolation! I threw a tantrum! I threw away every magazine I could find, every book, every everything associated with them. (40 years worth) I ranted and raved over their cover ups, callousness, lies, stalling, evasiveness, and lack of justice and truth..... and did exactly what they taught me to do when I left the Catholic church.. GET RID OF THIS DEMONIC STUFF! TEAR IT UP! BURN IT! My husband laughed so hard at me because this loyal, submissive one never acts like that. Then we got the internet to see why we couln't go on it. WOW!

Now I needed this stuff back to check it out and had to ask my son for a NWT bible of theirs so I could confirm these "lies" you "apostates" were telling. I tantrumed again for a few more days. My hubby made me promise not to throw out the CD so he could go back and find their lies. I obeyed. It's been a year, I'm calmer now.

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

That's really quite the experience you have had. My heart goes out to you two.

Disolving the hall...is that a legal precaution that they do so you can't sue the hall, since it's no longer there?

I bet it felt good throwing all the books out, burning them, whatever you did. I didn't as my wife was still in, but just recently (after my wife left too) I discovered all our books are off the bookshelf. I'll have to ask if she threw a tantrum. We still have the CD too, just for reference.

Kwin

• Bryan
    Bryan

Wow Wizedup,

I am so sorry for what you and family have gone through. At least now you have the new (true) light!

Bryan

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Yup! Gotta admit I did!

I boxed up all the mags, tracts, a territory card, and almost all my 30 years worth of books. I AM sorry I was so hasty though, I wish I'd kept a few of them for reference (the Concordance, the two dark green books-was it Proclaimers or something like that---but I did keep the 1998 CD cuz I couldn't find it at the time)

It was an "independent thinker" action that felt rebellious and good, but I do regret having tossed out all the juicy proof that I could be using to refute the WTS weasels!

hugs,

Annie

• wizedup
    wizedup

Kwin,

Disolving the hall...is that a legal precaution that they do so you can't sue the hall, since it's no longer there?

Sure is. And all the time the faithful dubs are saying, "Jehovah must have cleaned it up." Cleaned what??? The filth is still there, just spread out a little further. (Harder to find when it's not all one lump!)

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

Are you --sure-- you have calmed down??

You sound thoroughly pissed to me.

I really do understand your feelings. When the crap hit the fan with me, I wanted to hurt a few elders.

Time will help you deal with these things, but I doubt if you will ever be totally free of anger against the wbts and all the damage they have done to you and more importantly, those children.

However, long term anger causes long term stress and the researchers are find now that it can shorten out life span.

I had to consult with counselors and reccomend this for you also.

Outoftheorg

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

Wizedup

If you are anywhere near Fort Myers, I would be happy to talk to you and your hubbie.

HappyDad

• Jez
    Jez

Wow, and I thought my story was horrible. Can you somehow go public with this? Newspaper? TV news program? Something? Anything?

I found out that if you are IN, you are right, if you are OUT, you are wrong. End of story.

Even though it was my husband that was being charged with abuse, threats and harrassment in court, guess who went into the conference room with the lawyers and my husband before the trial? Guess who went into the court room and 'held my husband's' hand during the trial? YUP THE ELDERS! I had no one from the congregation, only my 'worldly' family and friends and I was not even df'ed at this time.

This was a turning point for me. I am still so angry, but getting over it.

Love to you and I do believe that what goes around, comes around. Jez

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit