Happily gone forever!

by Steve Josef 12 Replies latest jw experiences

• troucul
    troucul

i hear ya steve...

i haven't been to a meeting in over two years and am still having a hard time saying to myself that holidays aren't "bad". my parents were baptized when i was a tot, and were pretty devout. i of course, had found many other reasons along the way why not to celebrate (commerciality of christmas, etc.,) my wife on the other hand, although her parents were strict, had no problem leaving it all behind(she's a little more carefree than i, she enjoys the shallowness of it all).

anywho, the point is that after two years away, i still can't bring myself to go through with it. my wife's birthday is coming up next week and she's gonna get PISSED if i don't get her anything.

oh well, more beer money for me...hahahahahahahha

je pense, donc, je suis

• Steve Josef
    Steve Josef

Well, I don't believe that holidays are BAD per say.I just can't get into them. I don't think that I am the only one. It isn't so much as guilt that comes to mind, it is the feelings of jealousy. It is something that is so very wierd. Let me explain. My girlfriend wants to celebrate. I on the other can't even see why one would want to celebrate. When you are akid, the magic behind it all is installed. You know that Santa is coming and you cant wait. Then when you are an adult, you know there is no Santa, but the magic is there. Because of these JWs - I never got that magic. So it really is tough to get into the holidays. --- KnowwhatImean?

• larc
    larc

Steve,

Wake up an smell the coffee! Celebrate with your girl friend so you can see her joy. Perhaps, some of it will rub off.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit