Every year that passes by should be a SLAP in the face for the Watchtower

by JH 11 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

Every year, a new JW calendar comes out, and I say to myself, the Watchtower should feel more and more stupid each year knowing that what they prophesized didn't happen once more.

I wonder what will be this year's theme written on the calendar?

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Millions now living may never die - Oh Sorry that was in 1920 wasn't it. Er howabout 2034 a date to look forward to

• garybuss
    garybuss

The year text that showed me the Watch Tower was a racket and a snare was "If the fig tree fails to bloom . . ." 1974

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

So Jesus has a millenium reign....yet he was enthroned in heaven in 1914? When is he going to start ruling over his domain? What is he waiting for? Pretty soon the first hundred years of his reign will be over! lol

• JH
    JH
    Pretty soon the first hundred years of his reign will be over! lol

Wasn't that period meant for seperating the goat from the sheep?

Oh yea, they changed that

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Actually every year that passed by since the end of the 1st century is a slap in the face for Christian apocalypticism in general.

Although for those who tried to revive it centuries after the original experience had failed more than one slap a year is probably in order...

• MungoBaobab
    MungoBaobab

"You guys don't get it! Each year that goes by just means we're one year closer to Armageddon."

(Talk about a one-liner joke!)

• Alwayshere
    Alwayshere

mungo, you are so wrong it's awful. It's the blind leading the blind . They are 20 years off on all their years as to when Jerusalem was desolated and Jehoakim ruled. Check history out.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

December 2004

• wizedup
    wizedup

Nothing like announcing yourself, eh?!!!

When I look back on it, they have told the truth all along, everything they apply to "Christiandom" is them. They've been telling us, we just haven't been listening or applying their information properly. Self (JW) scrutiny would have helped me alot sooner.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit