Were You One of Those That Ran To The Elders About Everything???

by minimus 35 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Did you always call the elders or talk to them about things? Did you have a favorite elder that you confided to about everything? If someone was acting inappropriately, did you feel obliged to "report" them to the elders??

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Only during my young teen years. Now I see how stupid I was for doing so.

DY

• JustTickledPink
    JustTickledPink

I never ran to the elders because all the kids viewed me as a "goodie goodie" and thought I would tell, but I confessed my big sins of kissing boys when I was 18 !!! the horror.... it makes me sick now, thinking of those old farts sitting there making me cry when all I did was kiss a couple of boys.

• tata
    tata

NEVER, I wasn't very spiritual.

But my friend still does. She goes for everything and asks for everything. I tried to persuade, it isn't easy with her.

• minimus
    minimus

and to think.....the elders are only men!

• Gill
    Gill

Never, ever, ever, I'm very proud to say. My father was a MS so I knew that these men were just a bunch of old farts and never had any fear of their opinion but was afraid of what they could do if they chose to, ie, reprove, disfellowship etc.

My inlaws were constantly tittle-tattling and arse kissing with the elders.

They would make life hell for us when we first got married with coming round with elders asking why we hadn't been to the meetings or that I was not a submissive enough wife and was ruining their sons life.

We were very young when we were married, most of the time we were just too busy in the bed room to be bothered with the meetings and we were hopeless at standing up for ourselves. (don't think we spent much time standing up either!)

It's taken us twenty years to escape the WTBTS and the in-laws.

Now life is bliss!

WE have disfellowshipped both the WTBTS and the in laws!

He, he!

• Dawn
    Dawn

I never told on other people - but told on myself a few times. I always had a guilty conscience about something. Not that I was a bad kid - just always felt I wasn't good enough.

Now that I'm older, I'm much easier on myself. I realize that I'm human, and we all make mistakes. So - live and learn.

• jt stumbler
    jt stumbler

I just figured that jehovah would shine some light on me . I did'nt need no stinking badges/elders.. Yea baby

• minimus
    minimus

ExCatholics needed their priests in the form of elders.

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

I never did. Growing up I would take the heat over passing it off on a friend. I was "bad association" anyway.

Kwin

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit