What do you think of PRINCE the singer being a JW?

by redhotchilipepper 19 Replies latest jw friends

• redhotchilipepper
    redhotchilipepper

I've heard it's true. A girl that my sister knows actually visited the Kingdom Hall that he was in. I don't know if I believe it. Sorry if this has been posted before. I would imagine he would really knock them dead when he sings the Kingdom Melodies. Do you think he plays the piano for the Hall too?

• Mutz
    Mutz

Just goes to show, no matter how talented an individual is they can still be a bloody idiot.

• googlemagoogle
    googlemagoogle

they can still be a bloody idiot.

NO BLOOD!

• Insomniac
    Insomniac

Yes, he's talked about it in interviews, and earlier this year when he got inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, he was holding a Live Forever book in his hand while he gave his acceptance speech. I believe he thanked Jehovah during said speech, as well.

I'm still reeling from shock that the man whose music was for many years my temporary escape from the Borg's mind-control, has now become one of them. I don't figure it to last, though. I just can't imagine Prince kissing anyone's ass for very long.

• redhotchilipepper
    redhotchilipepper

I have to say, my reason for the question is pretty much the same. I can't believe the man who sang my favorite song "Little Red Corvette", or at least one of my favorites is a JW. I'm so dissapointed. It shows how truly lost in life he must have been to have delved so low to find so little. Hopefully he'll snap out of it. I guess after the abuse he endured by his father why not a little more abuse by a cult. People who have been abused in one way or another seem to follow the pattern of ,ending up being abused by another source. It's so sad. I've never been one of those people who idolize a singer, hockey player, actor, but I always did enjoy his tunes. I like When doves Cry as well. I know he's not everybodies favorite but at least he stood out to me as being fairly original for his time. Now he's just another JW clone.

• blondie
    blondie

Remember he lost a child recently and his mother died (I think she had JW connections and made him promise to look into it on her deathbed).

Even with money and fame, we are leveled to the same playing field when someone you care about dies.

It is one of the most vulnerable times we have and JWs are trained to take advantage of it. The WTS has a tract and a brochure designed just for that and JWs are instructed to keep both in their bookbag at all times.

He is a baptized JW and so is his wife. Larry Graham studied with him. He has given talks and goes D2D. While he has toned down for the meetings, my husband notices he wears "bling" on his ears.

Blondie

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

I think he'll one day be the artist formerly known as a JW.

Kwin

• Mulan
    Mulan

He wouldn't play the piano at the KH. They only use tapes.

I never liked his music, so it's no biggie to me. Just another weird person, adopting a weird religion.

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

I always thought Prince was a weirdo, I never could see the brilliance of his music that my best friend would talk about all the time out in service. Like Blondie said, reports say his mom asked him on her deathbed to look into it...

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

He went to hand me the require brochure at his concert and I kindly said no thank you and he kept it moving.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit