Some JWs are in a Tizzy

by Kenneson 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

A pirated CD with Kingdom Melodies, first said to have been done by George Benson and Prince and their wives and later by George Benson and Celine Dion and still later by George Benson and an anonymous sister, is creating a stir in Jehovist circles. Someone became suspicious and called George Benson who told him that it was stolen by a brother who had left Patterson and was put on a CD and distributed illegally. Someone else called the Audiovisual Dept. at Patterson, and was told that it was indeed stolen merchandise, a bootleg copy, unauthorized and should be destroyed by all publishers who had obtained copies through the "grapevine." It seems that it will only be legit if the Patterson branch releases it--if and when.

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Who would want to hear that CD?

• blondie
    blondie

Any JW who wanted to be "special" and have something other JWs wouldn't have access to. I wondered about that too when I saw it posted. I guess it wasn't Celine Dion at all. I wondered why a non-JW would sing a "kingdom" song. George Benson is probably "smoking" now. If you can't trust a JW at Bethel, who can you trust.....

Remember the song #15 being sung by Prince that was passed all over the JW boards?

JWs love being the first in the know and are great name droppers.

Blondie

• Oroborus21
    Oroborus21

this has Urban Legend written all over it. Eduardo

• Midget-Sasquatch
    Midget-Sasquatch

Unless the elder I spoke with gets his voices confused, he actually received an mp3 of the song sung by Prince (he was a former Bethelite and both he and his spouse were special pioneers). So that part I believe is real.

• blondie
    blondie
    this has Urban Legend written all over it. Eduardo

Actually, the MP3 was accessible on some JW DBs, so it is no urban legend.

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

It is true. I have heard it and it doesnt sound half bad.

• JustTickledPink
    JustTickledPink

The thought of Prince singing a kingdom melody creeps me out more than him girating on stage and grabbing his crotch... I mean I'd rather see that anyday.

• dorothy
    dorothy

I'm willing to pay for a copy....pm me anyone who can get their hands on it. I'll put it on next time a dub comes over

• shotgun
    shotgun

Lets get William Hung to record one for the District Convention.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit