Worth your time, please read.

by Fleur 2 Replies latest jw friends

• Fleur
    Fleur

Sometimes it takes a child to cut through the beaurocratic nonsense and get to the heart of the matter.

http://cuddletheorphans.com/index.htm?sub=article&id=27

Hearing this child read her book...be prepared. You will need tissues.

~essie

• Dansk
    Dansk

Wonderful little girl! Brilliant idea!! Let's hope governments and not just the common man act more substantially.

"The UN has warned that the battle against AIDS will fail unless more rights are given to women in the developing world.

A study into the disease says almost 40 million people are now infected with HIV worldwide." BBC report. (see the video report here: 'Drugs will not stem global HIV') There's so much that needs to be done, including the curtailing of certain advertisements on television. I was watching one the other day about a couple who just casually bumped into each other in a supermarket before having sex. On the one hand television is telling us how dangerous the AIDS disease is - and on the other how a certain product can make you more alluring with the possible outcome of having easy sex. I'm no prude, but sheesh............... Ian

• Fleur
    Fleur

You're so right, Ian, so much does have to be done. I'm not a prude either, and I get your point completely...the news tells us that we have to be careful and informed but the advertisers still go with "Sex sells"...

The thing that really gets to me is that a lot of people don't realize how much violence against women is contributing to the AIDS epidemic. That is something that needs to change, right now. The number of girls and women dying of AIDS is staggaring as are the number of children being left behind :(

hugs

essie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit