Making Up For Lost Time....Need Advice

by kitties_and_horses_oh_my! 11 Replies latest jw friends

• Redneckgurl
    Redneckgurl

Wow! That is great!

You don't want hot-humid air hah? lol I know that the University of Texas Medical Branch has a great Psych program. Also Baylor. They always have a lot of research going on here too. (we've taken advantage of these services in our own family) I would think that any of the larger cities would have more opportunity for you both.

I am 33, and when I was in high school, I was a smart kid, but who cared? I wasn't going to college anyway, so I took Cosmetology during my Junior and Senior year. I never even let myself dream of what I could have been. Now, I would love to be in the medical field too. I am very intereseted in Psychiatry, too. I am thinking about joined the Fire Dept. with my husband and taking the Paramedic courses that they sometimes offer there. I want to BE something. Sometimes I feel like it's too late though, even when people say it isn't. Very discouraging.

My husband is 29 and is VERY resentful that he wasn't encouraged to go to college. He is very talented and brilliant, doing pretty well for an "uneducated" person, but now that we have a family, he can't even think about taking time to go to school right now. I feel really bad for him.

Go for your dreams!

• kitties_and_horses_oh_my!
    kitties_and_horses_oh_my!

Thanks to everyone for their amazing support! It's so exciting to look at our future and see possiblities other than walking down the same streets, over and over, begging people to listen to us tell them how to run their lives. I used to wonder how the "worldly" people couldn't see how happy we were and how we had everything they wanted...sad that I thought that. My dear friend Marcia (never a JW) had two Witness girls come to her door the other day and she said it almost made her cry. Beautiful girls, 18 or so, and their whole world consisted of our small city and the same thing for the rest of their lives and a lack of the beautiful joy of truly living. It's not so surprising to me anymore that I lived in fear and guilt and was motivated only by those things. How can you be motivated by joy when you don't know what it is? And my house isn't as clean anymore (I just don't get so thrilled over cleaning the baseboards anymore LOL) and doc and I don't always have homecooked meals every night and sometimes the laundry gets behind. And we are happy. Incredibly so.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit