noah and da flood

by el jarocho mayor 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• el jarocho mayor
    el jarocho mayor

So i have dis question....

As a kid growing up jw..I was always told dat da BIG J in da sky was da one dat created all living things on earth. Dat they were perfectly created and wit specif functions and all. So, can anybody tell me whats up with the polar bear, and for dat matter any animal dat lives in da north or south pole? I mean, these are creatures dat are perfectly adapted to their environment. They were like specially made for the cold weather, but according to scripture, life was contained only to the garden of Eden. And it couldnt have been dat cold or cold at all since Adam and Eve were in da buff, right? And da polar ice caps didnt exist (in accordance to da biblical story dat flood waters receeded and had to go somewhere) So if da polar ice caps are a result of da flood (if you are to believe da bible), how is it dat polar bears are perfectly adapted to that climate? Is dis where da creation story hits a brick wall?

please reply..

• Valis
    Valis

respwek!

• Odrade
    Odrade

Jarocho, haven't you been watching NBC's "Lost"? They gots polar bears on the island, dude, and they're doin' jus fine, killin the people and all.

• el jarocho mayor
    el jarocho mayor

havent been able to see NBC here in mexico..sorry...but glad to hear dat da polar bears are doing well

• gumby
    gumby

So my bruva, yous wish to know why aminals ave changed in appearance from whun dey were created eh? Well, in da house's da scoop. yous check, whun geeza sinned and got kicked out of edun.....god changed da aminals so's dey could survive da effects of geezers sin.

Tigers got teef fa rippin udda aminals, insects started eatin udda insects instead of apples, and bears got real bit thick skin cuz Jehoba made them move from edun to da norf pole. yous check, Jehoba knew all dis in advace. were it not fa sin.....the zoo wouldn't be da same.

Gumby

• Pole
    Pole

gumby,

Next time I go to the zoo, I'll remember your revealing words. Man, what a bright mind you have!!! :)))

You only forgot to mention that because of the flood all people originate from Noah, who was a prince of the Solomonic Dynasty and whose real name was Emmanuel. Thus we all share some Shemitic characteristics, right? Or did I get the chronology wrong? Oh well.

Ethiopia yesterday, today and FORIVER!

Pole

Edited to say hi to el jarocho mayor.

• MungoBaobab
    MungoBaobab

Check page 86 & 87 of the Reasoning book. There's a nice Page A Page B contradiction here.

Page A (86)

Does the Bible allow for the idea that God used evolution to produce the various kinds of living things?

...There is no allowance here for one basic kind to evolve or change into another.

But, Page B (87) says...

Did God create all the millions of varieties of organisms that exist on earth today?

...In preparation for the global Flood in Noah's day, God directed that representative members of each "kind" of land animal and flying creature be taken into the ark. (Gen. 7:2,3,14) Each "kind" has the genetic potential for great variety.

So, there you have it. Polar bears evolved by chance, not over millions or tens of thousands of years, but within a few generations after the Flood. I suppose they're saying that bears can only evolve into other forms of bears, but what about animals that no longer exist that are both bear-like and dog-like?
  • Leolaia
    Leolaia

There's hundreds of other brick walls standing against the Flood myth:

http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/faq-noahs-ark.html

• professor
    professor

Yo buss dis. I be also wonderin why Adam nameddem polar bears when he had no revlant fuh de word polar in de flowuz an shit Sheeit!

• el jarocho mayor
    el jarocho mayor

daaaammmn..professor! I's hadnt thought about dat one...dats a good one..

good to see dat im not crazy...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit