Letter from my mother........

by Redneckgurl 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

Make her something nice with your own hands, and put a note in her car window, with the item, that says:

I love you because you are my precious Mother. I just don't like the choices you have made for your life, but know that I will always love you despite them.

Daughter

Country Girl

• redhotchilipepper
    redhotchilipepper

Be the better Christian, thank her for the poncho and tell her you love her. Even though you really want to say what Country Girl did. Enjoy their love and love them in return. I know it's hard because for me I still want me parents to be happy with how I'm living my life but they just never will. As long as your happy that's all that matters. You're not really hurting anybody. Eventually, hopefully, she'll get over it, or just resolve herself to the fact that you live different lives.

• Redneckgurl
    Redneckgurl

Thanks so much for the input. You all are right, I should just accept it as a gesture of her love and niceness. It just gets frustrating. I know how she is thinking, that making me feel bad is going to make me want to "come back" but that's one of the reasons why I left.

I hate seeing her walk around with such a gloomy look on her face, like she could bust out crying at any moment. (we see eachother at work) She has been like that for years, and of course, this time of the year is really hard for her because I know she misses it, even my husband thinks so. She would always sing the "Non-Christmas" Winter songs with us kids, the ones that devout witnesses still wouldn't sing. Jingle Bells, Winter Wonderland, and Let It Snow. Then she would still get excited about the Thanksgiving Day parade. She puts up Snowflakes and is so excited to get presents from her students at work. When we were kids and my dad was DF'd for smoking, she immediately broke into the Christmas Spirit again at this time of the year, but told us it was not really Jesus' B-day, and refused to have anything referring to that on our tree. We had a giant bow, no star, and definately no nativity or angels. She passes Candy Canes out to her students, too. My dad would be hard to convince, but I don't think she would. She is just "stuck" right now, and lets her emotions rule her.

Oh well, thanks for listening, I am going to write her a note, with a nicer connotation than I planned. See, I knew that you all could help me out!

--Krissy

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

If I was in your shoes, I'd send her a beautiful 'thank you' note and make nice comments about the poncho.

Just agree to disagree and let it rest.

DY

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit