"Kids say the darndest things."

by formerout 9 Replies latest jw friends

• formerout
    formerout

I have personally been reading a lot more of the "serious" posts lately and thought it would be good for me (and hopefully others) to share a bit of humour. I will start by telling a funny little story about what my six year-old daughter said this weekend:

I played touch football this fall on weekends. My kids have come with me to the games, weather permitting, every time they have been with me. Other parents on the team have brought out their kids as well. It was great for them and me.

We had our year-end awards and dinner party on Sunday. My kids were with me this weekend too so they came. (No booze for Brad this year.. :) ) The league administrator was on stage talking about the year and thanking people. My kids had been playing but stopped to listen to what he was saying. (The 3 of my 4 kids that were there are 7, 6 and 4.) It was cute to see them respecting him enough to pay attention, all on their own. (We were at the back of the hall, so if they had continued to play, no one would have noticed.)

After speaking for a couple of minutes to the approximately 175 people, he said, "And it would be good for all of us to recognize the Referees for the good job that they have done all year."

My six year-old daughter tapped me on the arm. As I bent down to better hear what she was going to say she looked over the room and said, "But daddy, I don't recognize any of the Referees here." What a little doll.

Post your favorite story/stories about the darndest things that your kids have said or done.

Brad

• MonkeyPrincess
    MonkeyPrincess

Thats hilarious! They are so innocent that you cant help but to laugh.

A few weeks ago while we were shopping, my husband was walking my son to the potty. He tells my husband from out of no where "dad, i have NO clue"...
    My husband laughed and told him "son, you never will" LOL
    I thought that was the cutest thing, i realize he probably heard someone say it and just repeated it, but it just goes to show how much they pay attention and
    like to repeat things.

• avishai
    avishai

Well, i do a lot of different "voices" accents, etc. I do a mean Christopher Walken. My 2 yr. old used to love it when I'd talk like stitch or Elmo. Now all of my voices either scare her or make her mad. I hear "Be quiet Daddy" on a daily basis. Now, not even being 2 1/2, this string of words scared me. We're on the way to the park I'm doing a voice (walken, I think) and she says "Stop it, don't talk like that, daddy. You shut your mouth until we get to the park. Jesus!!!"

I was speechless.

• formerout
    formerout

Monkey Princess,

Very cute. It's funny how a child can repeat (or in my daughter's case just take a different definition of the word) and it can make it so funny. I can picture a small child saying what your son said and having everyone within earshot realizing how funny it was. Thanks for sharing. It has remeinded me of a few other ones from my kids.

Avishai,

I wonder why your daughter has begun to hate your impersonations. Just a "terrible two" thing maybe? I love to impersonate people as well. My kids just love them all, from my old man with a cane routine (no offense intended to any actual old men with a cane.... all done in good taste.. teehee) to other recognizable cartoon characters... it seems like kids just like a bit of a change from the ordinary, when done tastefully. Thanks.

Brad

• jwNOT
    jwNOT

Several weeks ago we had a goldfish die. I tried to sneak and flush it away. Unfortunately my 3 year old son caught me. He asked me where the fish was going. I told him it was going to heaven to be with God.

Last week my son used his potty chair. I took it into the bathroom to empty it. He comes in and flushes the toilet. He started waving and said: "Bye Bye stinkies...See you in heaven!"

It was sooooo funny!!!

• kj
    kj
    "Bye Bye stinkies...See you in heaven!"

That is PRICELESS!

kj

• bull01lay
    bull01lay

My friends took their kids to see "Free Willy" at the cinema when that first came out - a 6 yr old boy and 4 yr old girl.

On the way back, the little boy excitedly declared that he was going to draw a whale when he got home. The little girl said "Yeah, I'm going to draw a Willy!"

How we laughed!!!!

Bull!

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5
    "Bye Bye stinkies...See you in heaven!"

That was priceless. lol Thank you for the giggle.

Mrs Jones

• betty boop
    betty boop

These stories are so funny

My cousin called her 3 year old daughter from her job to see how she was doing at home with her Grandpa, who was babysitting

She said "we are fine mommy NOW GET BACK TO WORK YOU ARE GONNA GET FIRED" lol

One day they were at my apt. and She caught me singing "naughy girl" by Beyonce..She tapped me on the leg and said "im feeeeeling sexy" as she stroked her arm. I was like what the ??? lol

and she is only 3...

• formerout
    formerout

The "stinkies" one was hillarious. Keep 'em coming.

Brad

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit