On announcing the presence of a sexual predator

by disposable hero of hypocrisy 15 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I don't think any church wants to announce within their congregation that a person who is in association with the group is a convicted pedophile, but it should be done because these individuals may actually exploit the safe reconfirming acceptance of whoever attends these churches.    

That A-hole who attacked Candace Conti to use as an example.       

• blondie
    blondie
    What are the laws regarding doing record checks on employees.  If found to be a registered sex offender, what do the laws require regarding making it known to other employees.  We had one weasel his way into the personal life of a fellow employee and made friends with her and her 10 year old daughter (his preferred victim) and was invited to her home..  Fortunately another employee (me) checked his status and made it known to the other employees.  Legal in that department said they were monitoring him and we did not need to know....sound familiar.
  • disposable hero of hypocrisy
    disposable hero of hypocrisy

So,  in summary,  simply report all accusations of what is a CRIME to the police.  Immediately. Simple. 

Cooperate with the authorities. Simple. 

Support the accusers.  Simple.

Seems to be fairly logical and common sense. 

How the hell do they get it so wrong? 

I like otwo's suggestion of reminding congregation goers to check whatever website lists sexual offenders for your area for the protection of your children.  Again common sense. 

• flipper
    flipper

Indeed I agree that the WT Society definitely drops the ball of accountability and responsibility regarding informing parents in the congregations about pedophiles. I agree that elders should be instructed to inform parents of children by telephone or private communication to ALL parents of minor children within congregations. AND I agree that parents should be encouraged to check out Megan's Law in each of their localities to see WHO the registered sex offenders are in order to protect children.

If the WT Society did these 2 things it would be a step in the right direction. Oh yes, one more thing- make it mandatory for elders to report child abuse to police authorities FIRST - before reporting it to the WT legal department 

• prologos
    prologos

When we bought a home in Florida, a voluminous paper listening all nearby sex offenders, their picture, address was delivered to our door; public records put in easy format. In our congregation a talk was given,  basicly saying. that in this local jurisdiction, you can not be sued for libel, or slander - for  disseminating such information, even erroneously  in the congregation . Of course with the politically correct, deliberate obfuscated  wordings, there is a wide gap between a pedophile, as described in Marc 10 and a convicted child rapist, as well discussed in previous threads. 

• JHK
    JHK

I think the first thing you should do is denounce the pederast to the police. Then the judge will determine the limitations to be imposed on him.

In the congregations there are families with children and I think it is the duty of the elders protect the flock by giving the announcement.

Most important are the safety and protection of children!

What about other religions? The same protocol.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit