advice needed--please respond

by lisaBObeesa 54 Replies latest jw friends

• DannyBear
    DannyBear

Spin,

Like Ub, I would like to hear your story...it's a real heart churner to do it, but like Scally said to me (after I let loose on my family in a open letter here) it's like having a good cleansing 'vomit'. After I said what I had to say to them...I was exhausted, yet felt much better.

All of us need each other, we need the support and empathy, otherwise we wouldn't be here. Even if our desire is purely to educate and inform, the motivation for doing so, stems from our own personal strugel to recover.

Recovering from this insipid cult, is a life long proposition, in my case, and I think for other's as well.

We want to hear about your efforts to topple Babylon the Great as well, if you are so inclined.

Thanks for your kind remarks to us all.

Danny

Ps Ub you are my brother...no theocratic strings attached!

• teejay
    teejay

lisaBObeesa,

i did it. it worked for me.

peace,
    todd

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

Hi!!! everyone, this is LisaBObessa's Mom.....I have been so encouraged by all the support and understanding that you have shown...I will hope you won't give up on me...the different views are helpful to me. Please post any other thoughts here I will look for them. Thanks Again, MomBObeesa

• Yadirf
    Yadirf

Esther

As far as having to lie is concerned, there are many examples in the bible of people who had God's blessing but who had to lie.

There's a great deal of difference between the outright lie that you are encouraging LisaBObeesa's Mom to tell and those Biblical references that you have in mind. Apparently you haven't the faintest idea how they differ.

• rollercoaster
    rollercoaster

MomBobeesa,
    I'm sorry you have to go through so much agony losing people you felt were true and kind friends. I beleive you will find some great friends here. I know what it feels like being df'd and not having anyone to talk to. When you are faithful to such an organization you don't associate with "worldly" people, then when you find out that the people in the org., aren't your friends, you have nobody else to turn to. I'm so glad you turned here. I'm so glad you have Lisa to bring you here.
    I was df'd about 6 years ago then reinstated. The beginning of this year I realized that the Org., was not for me. Since then, I have married a wonderful man, and started making true friends. I am not df'd or anything, but I now know that even if I was it would have no impact on me.
    You may find that one or two people will contact you on the sly. They may be your true friends. Once everything settles down, your daughter may start talking to you again. Just be patient. As for the rest, if they are you're friends, they will let you know.
    I just want to say, welcome. We will certainly be your friends.

RC

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit