Has a Modern Miracle Taken Place?

by metatron 11 Replies latest jw friends

• metatron
    metatron

see

www.medicalnewstoday.com/medicalnews.php?newsid=16914

If this is true, it's utterly wonderful! Imagine a world in which ANY physical defect can be corrected!

How wonderful it would be to see the Watchtower's promises fufilled TODAY by modern science - without endlessly

waiting for 'pie in the sky'. Of all the ways in which the 'tower could fall, this one is most glorious.

metatron

• new light
    new light

Right on. Very interesting spin on the stem cell debate. Most of the religions that are against it are that way because of their code of ethics, and I'm not quite sure where exactly the WT stands, but they (the WTS) sure are screwed if science can deliver an end to disease and infirmity. I mean, who's gonna sit in the reserved floor seats at the conventions?

• Mary
    Mary

Yes I read something the other day about this, but I thought it took place in South America, but I could be wrong. If it is true, then this is AMAZING!! I'm all for stem cell research. The possibilities could be endless! Unfortunately for Jehovah's Witnesses, I can guarantee that Big Brother would put the ka-bobs on whether or not Christians could receive Stem Cell Therapy. Their answer would be "absolutely not" and then compare it to blood transfusions. They don't give a crap if it would help someone's life NOW----after all, if science can make paralyzed people walk NOW, instead of waiting for fucking ever for "the Kingdom" to do this, then that would go against everything they preach. No, it's much better to condemn someone to a wheelchair for the rest of their life rather than see them walk today.

How wonderful it would be to see the Watchtower's promises fufilled TODAY by modern science - without endlessly waiting for 'pie in the sky'

Didn't you read yesterday's study article in the Botchtower?? We're now "on the threshold" of de Neeeew System........so we really don't need Stem Cell Therapy do we?!

• simplesally
    simplesally

Great article. Hopefully, the US will start this kind of research.

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

Oh, I sincerely hope so. This is exactly the kind of result I was not daring to hope for. I hope this is true.

this really would be a miracle...

CZAR

• willyloman
    willyloman

If time proves this to be successful in a wide range of patients, the WTS will have another dilemma on its hands with respect to their stand on blood use. It will be interesting to see if this emerging medical practice forces the Society to take the next logical step with regard to blood, and determine that the medical use of it is now a "conscience matter."

• FMZ
    FMZ

"Earlier in October 2003, Song?s team also staged a clinical test with stem cells originating from umbilical cord blood by injecting them into another patient?s spine."

I find it interesting that it they were able to get stem cells from umbilical cord blood... almost sounds like no dead fetus was needed.

Just a thought

FMZ

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

I remember when Dr. Christian Bernard of S. Africa did the first heart transplant in the early 60's. THAT was a medical miracle, and look now how common and successful organ transplants are today!

Stem cells are the next great medical miracle in the works. I hope that article is correct and not just Korea giving the world a snow job.

Curious, I forget, but how are transplants viewed by JW's these days? I assume it's frowned upon (disfellowshippable) as is a blood transfusion.

How about Humulin insulin for diabetics? Animal based insulin is no longer available. I could ask my dad, he's insulin dependent, but that would open a can of worms I want to remain closed.

Peace

Brenda

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

Transplants are okay, have been since the seventies, I think - only Rutherford had a problem with it, and Knorr didn't change anything, but it changed under Franz, I believe...

Anyway here's another bit of good news:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,139879,00.html

Two miracles on one day? It must be Christmas!

CZAR

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

Tx for the info Czar

Awesome! Me thinks someone must love the human race enough to help....?

Hugs and Peace

Brenda

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit