The Bible VS the Koran

by JH 10 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• JH
    JH

Here is an interesting link that compares the Bible's teachings versus the Koran's teachings.

http://members.ozemail.com.au/~dbates/koran0.htm

Is there a way to know for sure which out of the two books is more credible?

• Euphemism
    Euphemism

Whenever anyone claims to present "what the Bible says" or "what the Quran says", the first thing I want to know is what their interpretation is.

That site's interpretation of the Bible is essentially Evangelical Christian, and its purpose is to evangelize Muslims. I know more about the Bible than I do about the Quran, but I know that for several of the claims presented (both about the Bible and the Quran), I could easily present contradictory texts.

IMHO, any site that claims to present the position of the Bible or the Quran on any topic is ignoring the fact that neither is a coherent whole, but rather they are both multifaceted and variable texts.

• Satanus
    Satanus

To me, it's like comparing cat shit and dog shit. Hmmm, which is better??

S

• Wallflower
    Wallflower

"To me, it's like comparing cat shit and dog shit. Hmmm, which is better??"

At least shit is useful - it's fertilizer.

• talley
    talley

Actually, after having read a translation of the Koran and being very well 'versed' in the Bible, I think both books are figments of mens' immagination with a little history thrown in.

The book that most closely represents actual life as I have known it for 62 years is Ecclesiastes.

I second wallflower's opinion.

• Carmel
    Carmel

JH,

Perhaps your should take a look at Baha'i references to both as Baha'is honor both rather than chosing between the two. For those who condem Islam and its founder, I wonder what kind of tome they could produce if they had NO education, formal or otherwise. Home schooling for orphaned nephews was hardly something that would produce the likes of the Quran, whether you like the contents or not.

carmel

• Mr Fool
    Mr Fool

What I can see, the only main dissimilarity between the Bible and the Koran is the difference in text patterns.....the letters are used in a different order.

• hijosdelawatch
    hijosdelawatch

I've been preaching for a long time to Muslims and you know what?

The first thing you have to do if you want a believer in a non-Christian religion become a Christian is to show him his religion is false. That's difficult of course, but possible for Hinduism or a non-Abrahamic religion in general.

But if you convince a Muslim his sacred book is not inspired, why then he should believe in the Bible, another book that claimed is inspired too?

In fact, they base their connection to Judaism-Christian in the verse in John where Jesus says the Helper would come after him. Christians say it's the Holy Spirit and they say it's Mohammed. Truth be told, even when I was a believer in the JW religion, I could see there were no real proofs to say one thing or the other.

As it happends with a lot of ex-JWs, when someone start questioning Islam it is likely that he becomes agnostic or atheist.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Neither the Bible nor the Koran are credible.

For a number of reasons, that I have never seen refuted, on many many threads on JWN.

• Terry
    Terry

I can't find a way of using credible to describe any book purported to be divine.

As a means of communicating the most important information in the Universe why would a book

be better than a voice from heaven?

We have--all of us--been reared in an atomosphere of religious ideas since we drew our first breath.

Do you suppose a fish knows it is surrounded by water?

Religious concepts are our water and we swim in it and take the foundational premises for a "given."

The test of the Bible came with the Protestant Reformation.

Every Protestant sat down with God's Word and prayed and asked for guidance, wisdom and Truth.

What we got are all these wacky denominations--oh-yes...and the THIRTY YEARS WAR.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit