JGnat's Comments You Will Not Hear at the 11-28-04 WT Study

by jgnat 19 Replies latest watchtower bible

• codeblue
    codeblue

Jgnat: well done!!!

I really appreciated this comment:

- (para 19) ...we need to do our part, fearing Jehovah and sticking to his ways. By doing so, we will contribute toward enhancing and beautifying the spiritual paradise that now exists in the worldwide Christian congregation. If Watchtower materials and three meetings a week with virtual strangers (doubting, doubting, always wondering if I am bad association) is paradise, kill me now. I guess the brothers and sisters are not doing their part to bring about this glorious paradise. Bad, bad followers of this man-made organization.

I really feel bad for you....Shame on those brothers doubting you and making you feel like bad association. That is not "true Chrisitan Love"...How are they ever going to get NEW members if they don't shape up and show love?

You have a lot of strength to keep going when they make you feel so "unloved". You have my sympathy!!!

hugs,

CodeBlue

• blondie
    blondie

I was out of town this weekend and the week was very busy. Thanks, jgnat. I have to confess that I found very strange that the WTS had to provide a separate publication of maps of the Bible locations. I can remember when the Bible maps were discussed in the Scriptures Inspired book and then questions showed up on the Written Review. Everyone moaned and groaned and few got any right.

The WTS is trying to blame everyone and everything but themselves for the profound Bible ignorance of its members.

But that doesn't mean they can't find a way to beat the rank and file over the head with it.

For example, paragraph 14 uses the example of the Gibeonites to remind the rank and file "to manifest a wilingness to do humble tasks in Jehovah's service."

Then they are likened to the Nethinim (the non-anointed JWs assisting the GB)..."we can imitate their attitude by striving to maintain peace with God (translation: WTS) and be willing to handle even humble assignments in his service."

This was mentioned twice in the same paragraph: I don't think the rank and file are being 'humble' enough. I know that at least 1/4 of the elders step down each year...and the replacements are of even lower caliber.

How paragraph 16 "the brothers accepted those risks and thus extended their contact with this traveling representative of God" followed by this in paragraph 17, "Are you not impressed by the appreciation they showed in walking that distance to be with a traveling minister who could inform and encourage them? Do you see in this something that you can apply in your life and thinking?"

Translation: The elders and the rank and file and not kissing the CO or DO's feet (or something else) sufficiently.

Paragraph 18 "fear Jehovah (translation: WTS) and keep his commandements (as interpreted by the only true channel, the WTS)"

Back in paragraph 12 the WTS cannot resist inferring that the end is near:

"We are on the threshold of the promised earthly Paradise."

Yes, for the last 125 years the WTS has been saying this.

SOON, VERY SOON, VERY SOON NOW

Blondie

• jgnat
    jgnat

Codblue, never fear. I only go infrequently. And only when I catch wind that they are going to trash "unbelieving mates" or "Christendom's Churches". If I don't go, my honey comes home and starts looking at me like I am an alien or something. From what I can see at our KH from the three examples where one partner was studying and the other not, they do their best to love the attending partner to bits and get them baptized. Up to and including deceiving their "unbelieving" mate about what they are up to. Yes, lots of attention for the gullible one. I am not an easy "mark", so they have given up on me. I think they are waiting until my meat is a little more tenderized before they try and barbeque me again.

Blondie, here's hoping you had a wonderful, restful weekend.

"The WTS is trying to blame everyone and everything but themselves for the profound Bible ignorance of its members. But that doesn't mean they can't find a way to beat the rank and file over the head with it."

The JW's have a reputation among "Christendom's Churches" for knowing their bible well. But as you say, if one scratches behind the carefully rehearsed presentations, there is profound ignorance. I can take nearly any example they provide, read the scripture in context backwards and forwards, and they are flummoxed. To give a proprer response, they have to run back to their Reasoning book.

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

My father took this article and read parts of it to me. Oddly he does not get what it is saying.

It implied in plain speak that if JWs were a better religion the new order would be here by now, but we suck so it is posponed until we learn our lesson for sucking.

The watchtower increases its loathing of Jehovah's witnesses every year the NWO does not manifest. Also they seem to be running from armageddon as fast as they can, and replacing it with the more proactive and less hostile "Paradise".

I believe that I am right about them slowly growing away from JWs. I mean I have not heard them so cynical about their own people. You would assume this article is a Joke someone made.

• jgnat
    jgnat

XQ, did your dad at least trace his finger along the points on the map? I mean, map reading is an important addition to a person's store of knowledge.

• heathen
    heathen

I love this part man ----

4. Accurate knowledge is better than inaccurate knowledge (implied but not supported)

accurate knowledge ROTFLMAO , just exactly when did the WTBTS have this accurate knowledge ?

XQ --- It implied in plain speak that if JWs were a better religion the new order would be here by now, but we suck so it is posponed until we learn our lesson for sucking.
    It's apparent to me that the j-dubs are lost because of the evil slave not because of the congruants . Once again they beat their fellow slaves with holier than thou crap .
  • Little Red Hen
    Little Red Hen
    I can take nearly any example they provide, read the scripture in context backwards and forwards, and they are flummoxed. To give a proprer response, they have to run back to their Reasoning book.

When I was being indoctrinated, I recall telling the pioneer (sister-in-law) I usually read the verse before and after the one being discussed, to put the verse in context. She did not seem to understand why, and found it profoundly funny that I would do such a thing.

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

JG i have always compared the WTS to national geographic (they were founded around the same time). Oddlt with this whole magazine shamelessly advertising their holyland mapware I find it way to coincedental. In 50 years the WTS may be the next rand mcnally. I can see it now.

Watchtower FAQ 2054

Didn't you used to be a religion called Jehovah's Witnesses?

While the watchtower printed publications for groups such as Jehovah's Witnesses at the turn of the century. The watchtower was never a religion called Jehovah's Witnesses. The watchtower has always been a non-biased non-profit publisher of human interest media and self betterment for the greater good.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Heathen, that would be funny about the accuracy part, if I don't hear WEEKLY how the JW's are the ONLY ONES who have sorted how to interpret the bible ACCURATELY.

Little Red Hen, I totally agree that the JW method of bible instruction is scattered and confused. Many people make the mistake of treating the book like a huge instruction manual. Without context, the bible does not make any sense! No wonder the JW's need so much literature to keep their doctrines straight.

XQ, if the WTS is getting in to the map-making business, they are doing a patently poor job of it. They have a secure market, yet found it necessary after TWO YEARS to write an article to convince the R&F how valuable these maps can be. I think rather that there is a creative special-interest group in Brooklyn greatly desiring to break in to new markets. I am sure they are watching over their full-colour glossy with parental pride. Frankly, the Christian publishing business is pushing the WTBTS out with their greater vitality, market, variety and creativity. Could Brooklyn conceive, nevermind produce videos of the quality of Veggie Tales?

• heathen
    heathen

XQ--- The deemonz must have gotten my browser cause couldn't copy and paste you WT statement . Let me see if I have this right , The WTBTS which is run by jehovah witnesses who claim to be the voice of God are in effect not a religious organization? I just don't know how people can just ignore facts like this about the WTBTS and somehow we are apostates for stating they are just a publishing corporation and do not speak for God . I can't even contimplate the ramifications of all this . The absurdity of it all and the poor fools that allow themselves to be manipulated by it . I almost exspect their stand on cross vrs. stake to change I already know the immortality of the soul doctrine has flaws in it . What they are saying is they will publish anything for anybody for $$$$$$$$$$$ . This is so much like judas and his pieces of silver .

BTW ------- I have seen some posts about the WTBTS investments in rand cam so it is likely they have taken money to invest in worldly interests. You guys do such a great job on this stuff ( pat you all on the back) .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit