elderly visit.....

by Country_Woman 4 Replies latest jw friends

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

This week I got a visit from the elder who did study with me, and actually babtised me.

He came together with his wife, asked me why I never visited the Hall last years ? would it help changing congragation and visiting the Hall where he is the PO yet ?

I told him no: I am much to glad with all the spare time that I have by not going.

Did'nt tell him that I lost all my faith in the Organisation - accepted the magazines (since Viv want's to have them badley) and he promised me to bring me the new ones too - when I am not at home, he puts them in my letterbox. This morning I found the brochure "Blijf Waakzaam" (Stay Alert).

I hope that Viv is collecting this stuff very quick I was so glad that I could throw all those piles of papers away in my mothers house. I don't want it here again.

To be honest, When I told him that I would'nt go back, I expected a lot of blablabla why it is so important to go. The only thing he mentioned was "where there are 3 in my name together, I am with them"

I like this man (and his wife) and don't want to hurt him, that's why I hope they will not visit me frequently, I never will be able to withold my tong very long I am afraid.

• Tim Horton
    Tim Horton

It's nice that they were concerned about you. Too bad it is always to do with the ORG. huh. They sound like sweet people. Panther

• figureitout
    figureitout

It does sound like they really care and that is a good thing. That was the orgs saving grace during my first JC which I prepared to confess my sins and say thanks but no thanks. Two elders really really did care for me and I decided to try again. It is good to know that you are cared for, and there are a lot of eldersout there who do care, and a lot who really don't.

• kwintestal
    kwintestal
    The only thing he mentioned was "where there are 3 in my name together, I am with them"

I don't think I've ever heard an elder say something like that. THAT, I would consider to be encouragement, and seems a lot more loving then a guilt trip would be. It also seems non-denominational.

Kwin

• gumby
    gumby
    I told him no: I am much to glad with all the spare time that I have by not going.

LMAO ! Sorry CountryWoman.....but that just sounded funny.

This man sounds like a really kind and sincere man. Perhaps you can share the reasons as to WHY you no longer attend. However....you did say he was the P.O. and a good P.O. would have to nail you if you spoke your mind.

Hey....just for kicks....you outta ask him if he leaves his wife home next time....will Jesus "be there" during his visit since Jesus said "where there a 3 gathered in my name...I'll be there"? Maybe that's why he brings his wife.

Thanks for sharing CW.

Gumby

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit